:: Synchronizing the package database…
core 165.8 KiB 1083 KiB/s 00:00 [#####################] 100%
extra 1867.2 KiB 11.7 MiB/s 00:00 [#####################] 100%
community 7.5 MiB 26.1 MiB/s 00:00 [#####################] 100%
multilib 173.3 KiB 4.98 MiB/s 00:00 [#####################] 100%
:: Starting full system update…
resolving dependencies…
looking for conflicting packages…
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not fulfill dependencies)
:: installing icu (72.1-1) breaks dependency ‘libicui18n.so=71’ required by postgresql13
:: installing icu (72.1-1) breaks dependency ‘libicuuc.so=71’ required by postgresql13
:: installing icu (72.1-1) breaks dependency ‘libicudata.so=71’ required by postgresql13

Stop posting issues, and voting for issues, when you are the issue. Learn how things work before using them. I’m talking about the AUR. Don’t report AUR issues in the Manjaro update announcement threads. This is irrelevant to Manjaro.

Sorry, but I didn’t even know it was an Aur package nor that posting here was prohibited. The update was not done.

Posting is not prohibited as long as it is relevant. Posting about AUR (really you don’t know what you install on your machine???) in the Manjaro update announcement thread is irrelevant, AUR is not supported in Manjaro, this is not an update issue, a Manjaro issue, but an issue you create yourself by using unsupported software from external sources.

Now, do the obvious, remove the AUR package blocking the update, do the update, reinstall your AUR package afterwards.

Regardless of whether or not I know what was installed due to some program that I will have installed and considering that I received the info of an update, the only thing I did was the commands to install . Don’t have this problem
Finally, , I have already asked questions in this forum, which I have been answered, but never in the way you did, because I could have answered in a more diplomatic way and not with seven stones in hand.
Of course, I’ve seen it, that’s not to help.
Anyway, thank you for the reminder and in the future I will be more careful. Thanks for the time you spent with me.

:violin: :sob: :violin:

[censored myself about :snowflake: comment]

It was just simple basic words, merely just facts. Nothing less nothing more.

Just learn from it instead of trying to spin the thing against me not being diplomatic and answering with seven stones in hand, and you the poor victim of my doings. Now you will not post irrelevant issues in the announcement threads. Now you know how to solve this basic issue with an AUR package.

The Manjaro community has a great worldwide reputation among the various Linux for knowing how to help, answering questions raised in the forums. I only referred to you, for the way you responded. The victim, for those in authority, can be anyone.
I’m not here to fight, it was just my position in the face of something I didn’t like, and for that I even apologized.
Thank you for the solution found.

1 Like

No problem. No hard feeling.

1 Like

You mean, for answering same basic questions over and over and over again for lazy people who rather open a new topic than write few key words into search engine and think with their own head for 10 minutes.

1 Like

I don’t want to feed controversy. Whenever I posted something about updates on this forum I was always cordially accepted, some topics were divided, but never in this way. I accept the decision but I also have the right to my freedom of opinion. If it were the other way around, I would be in another distro where they don’t even respond, and it was several different distros until I decided that this one was the best and it was confirmed by the help reactions I had. I never imagined that when I did the update something like that would come up. I put it because I couldn’t even update the system.
As I said, all the problems that I reported in this forum, have always been answered in a civilized way by educated people and with respect to those who may not be fully within the mechanisms that involve this distro.
I was always welcomed and treated.
There are times when it may not happen what I was used to. each one has its own way of acting, just as I can have in the face of the answer I gave.
As I said, everything was resolved without the intervention of any element that divided the item in question.
I have already spoken in response to the administration of the Forum.
I don’t understand the reason for your comment, as I thought this “topic” was closed.
Thank you for your comments.
Good weekend.

nothing more to add, nor to feed problems. I ask the admins to close this topic.

Closed at request of OP.