I want to say "Thank you" to everyone here

That’s it.
You guys are gems.
I felt like i am at home.

16 Likes

5 Likes

You know, having tested different Linux flavours, I used to participate in a lot of forums. This is the best by far.

I want to take this opportunity to thank the Manjaro Team for this humongous effort, and above all, for keeping this community in a very sane state. You guys rock!!

15 Likes

Agreed! I’ve only been using Manjaro for a few days, but it just works so smoothly! I can’t tell you how many of my fellow Linux users are always like “don’t use Manjaro!” or “Manjaro bad!” and the only issues I’ve had are all extremely minor arch issues which I’ve resolved by either looking at the support here or on the Arch wiki.

Seriously, what is their deal? I haven’t had a distro install and setup go this smoothly since I first started using Linux Mint about 4 years ago, and with Manjaro I get up to date packages and KDE! What more could I want?

So yeah, thanks Manjaro team, and forum people who live in my phone. I’m suitably impressed, and Manjaro’s buttery smooth experience makes me want to stay.

5 Likes

Haters are always going to hate, and people tend to always see the splinter in someone else’s eye while completely missing the giant oak tree in their own. :man_shrugging:

We provide all the documentation — whether at our own Wiki, via our Tutorials section, or by pointing at the Arch Wiki — but if people don’t want to read it and they don’t want to maintain their system as it is spelled out in the documentation, then they’re always going to be running into trouble.

You can lead a horse to the water, but you cannot maker it drink. :man_shrugging:

:notes: “Some people, they hurt one another; take pride in themselves; for keeping the other other one down…” :notes:

– Loosely based on “Some People”, by Cliff Richard (1987)

2 Likes

or as Joh (a previous QLD Premier) would say “You can lead a horse to drink, but you can’t make it water”

I see it a lot on other Forums. I wonder the same thing.

2 Likes

@Venture2022 @Coloratura

:heart: Thank you

It is psychological thing - it makes you feel you belong - there is always some who take the negativity a notch up - then a troll takes it further - until you have a full blown conspiracy.

In the end it boils down to lack of knowledge, perhaps spiced with low self esteem caused by a bad upbringing with frequent violence. It is well known that violence damages the brain and sadly humans has a history of violence.

Our historical records speaks for themselves.

3 Likes

a Sense of entitlement…

1 Like