I like Opera for its built-in VPN ish sorta thingy. Any browsers for ARM like that?

I know Firefox has a subscription service offered through their browser but that isn’t quite the same. Anyone else offering free VPN but built for arm processors?

It is not a VPN, it is actually a Proxy…

Opera VPN behind the curtains is just a proxy, here's how it works · GitHub

1. You connect to a proxy
  2. The proxy connects to the vpn.

The benefits are actually only:

1. Unblock Geoblocking
  2. Compress sites

Anything else is just bullshit… I wonder why someone ever would consider using such a Proxy, especially by company which earns money by advertising.

Lets make it clear:

1. Opera promises:

Browser VPN. When you use our built-in VPN service, we do not log any information related to your browsing activity and originating network address.

But at the same time:

we log a randomly generated ID, advertising ID (on mobile devices), your IP address and URLs of your requests that are sent through our servers, but not the content. We may also log a phone number and IMEI, if they were provided by your mobile operator. We use this data to debug and improve our services and may store in our server logs for up to 45 days. Then we anonymize and aggregate this data and may allow our business partners access to it.

HAHA good joke… for debugging :rofl:

Why do Opera offer a so called free VPN? Because this way it is easier to collect data and make money out of it.

Sure they do not collect your browser activity or your IP Address while using the VPN ( they are suing this: SurfEasy Home | SurfEasy), BUT it connects to a proxy and then to the VPN and the proxy is a Opera Service and there they say:

we log a randomly generated ID, advertising ID (on mobile devices), your IP address and URLs of your requests that are sent through our servers,

So, please, stop use that s***…

Look I’m not much interested in engaging your off topic reply. I’m looking for what I’m looking for to suit me. I’m not interested in living my life according to your value system. I have my own and I prefer if it you not try to indoctrinate me with your values or come grinding your axe here. Please answer the question asked or just skip it and spare us all the drama. Thanks and have a nice day.

This was no drama, it was a clear statement. I am not against Opera, but against their aggressive methods to earn money.

Short Answer: NO, there no other Browser that I know which offer such a function for free.
Similar function: Brave has TOR builtin when using “Private Mode”.

Thanks. I accept that there are no others.

Snap “opera” is not available on stable for this architecture arm64 but exists on other architectures amd64

FYI being against the use if opera in response to my question is drama

Please close the thread. Ty.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.