#SuspendMode=
#SuspendState=mem standby freeze
#HibernateMode=platform shutdown
#HibernateState=disk
#HybridSleepMode=suspend platform shutdown
#HybridSleepState=disk
#HibernateDelaySec=180min

wouldn’t it be enough to just edit some of these options and put “=no”

You have a weird setup if you only have that file and none of the ones mentioned in the tutorial on your system.

I’m going to ask a mod to split off this conversation and create a new topic as this comment is not related to the tutorial itself, so please hold ontil one does.

:+1:

when installing manjaro i chose “swap no hibernate”,but clicked on it by mistake.
it went to hibernation and power button brought it back.
i’m concerned since i see many threads in different distros of people wanting to disable it.(which i might do later on).
and on wake up i got an error in journal:

NMI received for unknown reason 2c on CPU 0.
Do you have a strange power saving mode enabled?
Dazed and confused, but trying to continue

i have 16gb of Ram and an 8gb swap partition.

Considering that you got the system back up and running, I’d say there’s nothing to worry about. :wink:

2 Likes

out curiosity what are people so concerned about with hibernation in linux?

I don’t really know. All I know is that some of them have issues with their laptops, such as WiFi not coming online again after hibernation. But I’m using a desktop computer and I never hibernate. My computer stays up 24/7.

:man_shrugging:

1 Like

I’ll go and follow @Fabby tutorial here : [HowTo] Disable / Turn off Hibernate completely!
but wish KDE would give a simple way to remove this option from Power / Session menu in the application menu.

Well, KDE Plasma is just a user interface. Hibernation is something far more low-level, and all Plasma does is allow you to run the commands that take care of the actual process of hibernation. In and of itself, Plasma doesn’t have anything to do with that. :wink:

2 Likes

yes,i understand that,but I’m talking about removing it from the menu,like you’re able to add/remove to favorites,which i did in the main application menu,but not in the sub folder “Power / Session”

Doesn’t really matter. :wink:

it would not disable hibernate,but would prevent me from clicking it by mistake :slight_smile:

Just follow @Fabby’s tutorial and you’ll be fine. :wink:

1 Like

If you set up a faulty swap space, you could end up experiencing Groundhog Day, where once you go into hibernation your system keeps returning into the same state even after rebooting.
Have seen it before, but never happened to me personally :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, what CPU do you use?
I get the same error messages on a desktop with a Ryzen 3600 cpu and am wondering if it might be connected to the CPU.

Do you only get that warning after hibernating?
In my case I couldn’t relate it to another activity (yet)

it’s an i7,it’s the first time i hibernated(by mistake)and the first time i saw this error.
there is a lot of info about this error online,maybe look there.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.