I get no sound from my wired headphones in Pinebook Pro with KDE Plasma 5.25.4

On my Pinebook Pro I get no sound through my wired headphones. These are headphones that I had always used for listening to audio, and now they no longer emit any sound. However, the headphones are fine, as when I connect them to my smartphone I do get audio through them.

I’m using KDE Plasma 5.25.4 and I think the problem started with one of the latest stable updates, although I can’t tell which one as I’ve been a few months without using the headset.

The strangest thing is that the system detects the headphones, which do not play any sound, but does not detect the speakers, which work without any problem. Here I attach an image.

Thank you very much for your help, and best regards.

Yesterday I updated the system, but the problem remains exactly the same.

I see that nobody writes anything about it. Maybe only I have this problem. I am considering installing the latest Manjaro ARM KDE Plasma update from scratch.

Audio on ARM devices have always been tricky.

You can try switching back to Pulseaudio, to see if that makes a difference.

sudo pacman -S pulseaudio pulseaudio-bluetooth

and then say Y to replace pipewire packages. Then reboot.

Hello again.

Well, I have decided to reinstall from scratch Manjaro Plasma on my Pinebook Pro, as I couldn’t find any solution to the problem. And with this I managed to solve it. It seems that now the audio works perfectly, both with the speakers and with the headphones, either wired or via bluetooth.

Surely, when I upgraded from a previous version something went wrong. Sometimes it happens with rolling release distros.

Thank you all very much.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.