I can't use my second AMD GPU in my laptop

I wouldn’t go back too far in history as you’ve got quite a new machine…

It’s not only the kernel version, it’s also the support that counts:

https://www.kernel.org/category/releases.html

Actually: great idea! Let me add that to the tutorial! :grin:

all test made with amdgpu driver
4.4.282-1 (linux44): gave radeon error in boot probably not able to work amdgpu drivers
4.9.281-1 (linux49): boot error failed to setup mount namespacing
4.14.245-1 (linux414): able to boot, using dGPU barely, slow and can’t run games
4.19.205-1 (linux419): able to boot, can’t use dGPU
5.4.143-1 (linux54): able to boot, using dGPU barely, slow nd can’t run games
5.10.52-_rt45-3 (linux510-rt): able to boot, when you run an app with dGPU it freezes system.
5.10.61-1 (linux510): able to boot, when you run an app wih dGPU it freezes system
5.12.19-1 (linux512): able to boot, when you run an app with dGPU it freezes system
5.13.13-1 (linux513): able to boot, dGPU works fine, when you run a game it freezes system
5.14.0-0 (linux514): boot error

[FAILED] Failed to mount Mount unit for core, revision 11606.
[FAILED] Failed to mount Mount unit for core18, revision 2128
[FAILED] Failed to mount Mount unit for hello-world, revision 29
[FAILED] Failed to mount Mount unit for scrcpy, revision 283
[FAILED] Failed to mount Mount unit for woe-usb, revision 21.
[FAILED] Failed to mount Mount /boot/efi.
[DEPEND] Dependency failed for Local File Systems.
You are in emergency mode. After logging in, type "journalctl-xb" to view system logs, "systemcl reboot" to reboot, "systemctl default" or "exit" to boot into default modem
Give root password for maintenance
(or press Control-D to continue):

You need an AMD expert: I’ve exhausted all my resources! and why I edited your title)

:sob:

Do you know any expert for amd?

No or I would have pinged them already…

do you know how can i switch to nonfree drivers. Maybe it can solve the problem.

There are no proprietary drivers for AMD, so you’re already on the free drivers. It’s only nVidia drivers who taint the kernel.

Ah that sux. I won’t be able to play upcoming Star Wars: Lego Skywalker Saga with HD 520

I’m thinking you’re having a hardware problem by now…

• Is the GPU still under warranty?
  • Do you know someone you can swap GPUs with? (same model)

No it’s not under warranty.
And my gpu is combined with motherboard.

What kind of games? Proton or native?

Also please post the kernel messages:

sudo dmesg

Any kind of games, apps also i tested with reflect command. Tried Proton Experimental, 6.36, Steam linux compatibility and native.
The output was too long. So i give you the link of the output

I have searched a bit and and it seems it can be a lucky end…

Your card:

Is a GCN 1 card and therefore you should be able to run it with the amdgpu driver instead of radeon.

Try this solution:

That force to load amdgpu first and set the necessary options for older gpus which have support for radeon and amdgpu. But it is still called experimental, although its pretty stable and faster on most machines with older still compatible gpus.

This package does the same thing:

pamac install amdgpu-experimental
1 Like

omg im now using amdgpu driver (which i used before) but i didn’t apply that mkinitcpio -P now it shows R5 M330 in xrandr --listproviders instead of Hainan thing. Unlucky steam gave an error You are missing the following 32-bit libraries, and Steam may not run: libc.so.6 I will search this if i fix i will inform you about game status. (Note: i am able to run Pycharm with DRI_PRIME=1)

You have to enable the multilib repo and install lib32-glibc … i guess you will need to install more lib32 packages.

in /usr/lib32/ i have libc.so.6 but dunno why system ignores it

Well i fixed steam, but DRI_PRIME=1 still crashes

@DavutHaxor

1. Then please run steam in a terminal and post the output here when it crashes.
  2. Also for Proton Games, add there atthe startup options: PROTON_LOG=1 PROTON_LOG_DIR=$HOME %command% and post the log here.
  3. Also sudo dmesg.
  4. journalctl --boot 0 --no-pager

Normally there are hints why it crashes.

it freezes my computer so i dont know how can i post the terminal output of steam, i will try

Execute:

steam > ~/Documents/Steam.log

after a REISUB, that file will still be there…

:crossed_fingers: