I can't open snap store

I still dont really know what you want to achieve :wink:

But if what you want is an easy software center with extra AUR and SNAP capabilities … then it seems you have that now in pamac.

Oh… maybe I read it wrong. Its probably a folder in your home just snap which you could delete.
(from your original github cloning … from the terminal you could look like ls to list)

Great, then from now on I will use Pamac quietly.

I just wanted to delete files and configurations about the snap store I don’t want them to create problems in the future.

I understood that I could find the snapd files inside the Pamac store, I tried to look for the Translator Translatium and found nothing, I installed it with snap.

I thought snap was from Canonical, and the Manjaro developers had created stapd to use snap but safely or with Manjaro configurations.

In short, I didn’t understand anything about it. XD

I will go and see what are the differences between the two software.

Okay, found in the home.
Behind the home there is a folder with “snap” inside snap there are two folders “snap store” and “Translatium”.

yeah … it seems you not only downloaded this snap application into home and installed from there, but also then your ‘snap repository’ of installed applications was also residing in that directory.
It would probably be best to remove that stuff and try to get back to a ‘normal’ state with the system snap/pamac handling that stuff (and its locations) for you.
That should work better, be simpler to manage, and wont clutter your HOME :wink:

Very well, from now on Pamac will take care of it for me, after all this is the beauty of Manjaro, the automation, the scripts, and the “simplicity” of use.

Thank you very much for your precious help.

Cheers.
Also - dont forget … you can now still use snap install xxxxx or other terminal operations and it should similarly be handled well thanks to the proper installation of snapd.
You dont have to use the pamac plugin … but its there for easy use.
(‘software store’ if you will)

I tried now, but not work…

snap install translatium
error: cannot communicate with server: Post “link://localhost/v2/snaps/translatium”: dial unix /run/snapd.socket: connect: connectio
n refused
[phoenix@phoenix-system ~]$ snapd install translatium
bash: snapd: comando non trovato

sorry. you need sudo … ex:

sudo snap install translatium

(you usually do for things touching system files like install or remove)

Yes, not seems work

[sudo] password di phoenix:
error: cannot communicate with server: Post “link://localhost/v2/snaps/translatium”: dial unix /run/snapd.socket: connect: connection refused

When I woke up yesterday morning, I didn’t think I would be up until 6 a.m. the next morning to solve a snap problem, omg the cases of life are unpredictable.

huh.
I am testing now … and it seems to work…

$ snap search translatium
Name         Version  Publisher     Notes  Summary
translatium  14.1.0   quanglam2807  -      Translate 100+ Languages Instantly
$ sudo snap install translatium
[sudo] password: 
translatium 14.1.0 from Quang Lam (quanglam2807) installed

So … lets go through the basics.

Do you have the services running?

systemctl enable --now apparmor.service
systemctl enable --now snapd.apparmor.service

In fact I was several hours yesterday and then at the end I was able to run snap from terminal, the problem was that I could not open the snap store, but now it seems that it does not even work anymore snap from terminal

So … lets go through the basics.

Do you have the services running?

systemctl enable --now snapd.apparmor.service

(then check again with your install attempt)

[phoenix@phoenix-system Scrivania]$ systemctl enable --now snapd.apparmor.service
[phoenix@phoenix-system Scrivania]$

If you entered both commands … they dont really spit out information.
If they were issued and completed … then attempt your snap install again.

(just verifying … seems to launch too, if a bit sluggish)

A ok sorry I thought it was the same as putting them together, here is the result.
It seems to be the same thing, nothing appears even inserting them separately.

[phoenix@phoenix-system Scrivania]$ systemctl enable --now snapd.apparmor.service
[phoenix@phoenix-system Scrivania]$

snap search translatium
error: cannot list snaps: cannot communicate with server: Get “link://localhost/v2/find?q=translatium&scope=wide”: dial unix /run/sn
apd.socket: connect: connection refused

error: cannot communicate with server: Post “link://localhost/v2/snaps/translatium”: dial unix /run/snapd.socket: connect: connection refused

In manual snap installations I saw something to enable sockets, maybe I have to give that command?

Wait now I’ll find it and tell you what it is

is this, i can try to use?
sudo systemctl enable --now snapd.socket

oh haha. yes. I missed the socket. (is it obvious yet I dont use snaps :sweat_smile:)

systemctl enable --now snapd.socket

Slow the translator? Do you know something better perhaps in the Pamac repos? That he is a local translator and does not use the internet please.

Ps Sorry for the time that passes, but I didn’t expect it to be such a complex problem, if you got tired I’ll try to do it all by myself and then I’ll put the solution for the others too.

No worries. I have been sick for a while and I am sort of just sitting around.
Talking with or helping people who are nice is fine enough. I will take breaks if I need to.

It was just a little slow to launch, I dont know anything about how well it works.
And sorry … I dont have a good alternative suggestion … some other users may though.

I think is the time to delete totally snap XD

systemctl enable --now snapd.socket
[phoenix@phoenix-system Scrivania]$ sudo snap install translatium
error: cannot communicate with server: Post “link://localhost/v2/snaps/translatium”: dial unix /run/snapd.socket: connect: connectio
n refused
[phoenix@phoenix-system Scrivania]$ sudo snap install hello world
error: cannot communicate with server: Post “link://localhost/v2/snaps”: dial unix /run/snapd.socket: connect: connection refused

Hm. This may be related to your initial installation.
It may even be fixed by a restart.
But … now its hard to guess … I might not have a lot more to offer :frowning: