I can’t install gnome extensions

When I click “on” in extensions.gnome.org, it shows that turns on but a windows does not appear for installing and also when I reload the page again the extension in “off” mode because it have not be installed. I have gnome shell extension on firefox. I use manjaro.

Welcome to the forum! :wave:

Make sure you have gnome-browser-connector installed and also the GNOME Shell integration browser extension.

3 Likes

Hello,

As instructed above, you can do that, but some of those extensions are available via repositories and AUR too. If you want to use like a browser and explore those extensions then install, well, maybe better use the GitHub - mjakeman/extension-manager: A utility for browsing and installing GNOME Shell Extensions.

pamac build extension-manager

And then install you favorite extension. But please don’t mix extensions installed via repository with AUR and/or from extension site.

3 Likes

I have the package, but I have the problem.

I installed gnome extension manager and the app does not have the problem.

That’s wonderful, however you didn’t actually solve your issue installing extensions via the browser. Using Extension Manager is a fine alternative, of course. I can use both with no issues and so can everyone else.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.