Active Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription (Required to have access to all the game library)
Bluetooth/USB controller (I’m using the Xbox Wireless Controller through Bluetooth)
Steam account to use the Steam Big Picture Web Browser (Optional, you can use the Google Chrome browser as well, but it has one major problem: https://www.reddit.com/r/xcloud/comments/eslbiw/back_button/)
Connect your controller, through USB or Bluetooth, I’ve tested this with my Xbox Wireless Controller through Bluetooth, but it should work with other devices as well, especially those compatible with Steam Big Picture Mode: https://help.steampowered.com/en/faqs/view/3725-76D3-3F31-FB63
- The Steam Controller
- The official Microsoft Xbox One Wired Controller
- The official Microsoft Xbox One S Controller (wired or wirelessly using Bluetooth)
- The official Microsoft Xbox One Elite 2 Controller (wired or wirelessly using Bluetooth)
- The official Microsoft Xbox 360 Wired Controller
- The official Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows (with wireless receiver)
- Sony Dualshock 4 (wired or wirelessly using Bluetooth)
- The official Nintendo Switch Pro Controller (wired)
- Logitech Wireless Gamepad F310, F510, and F710
- SteelSeries Stratus Duo
Open the Steam Client, and access the Big Picture Mode. To solve the problem with the back button referred above we need to disable every single key from the controller to control de Steam Big Picture Web Browser, doing this will prevent the in-game keys to conflict with the browser keys.
2.1. Access the settings menu.
2.2. Go to Controller → Base Configuration.
2.3. Go to Big Picture configuration.
2.4. Go to WEB BROWSER, there you need to disable every single key function of the controller on the built-in steam web browser (mark the option “None”)
Go back to the Big Picture main menu and acess the built-in Web Browser:
Access the Xbox Cloud Gaming website: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/play, login to your account and mark the page as favorite on the Steam browser to speed up future access.
Finally, let’s play! (Playing DayZ on Linux )
Every single game play smoothly, you just need to have a good connection, Ethernet or 5 GHz WiFi. I’m currently playing Batman: Arkham Knight, DayZ and Pillars of Eternity.