How to see drive location/copyandpasteroot/systemd-modules-load.service failed to load modules

Root problem
system doesnt seem to want to boot, showing
systemd-modules-load.service failed to load modules

I installed again on a 2nd drive, of course I want my files from the 1st drive.

I figured if I can copy the freshly installed system files over the non working old files, it should work fine, or copy my own files from the old drive to the new one, everything should be the same again.

except the file browser doesnt show the name of any of the drives, its kind of confusing.

if I try to copy system files with dolphin, the paste button is either greyed out, or missing alltogether.
That isnt very functional, unfunctional tools are not useful.

I didnt see anything in the installer to “restore system files” like windows has,
rather new to linux

dolphin keeps ceasing to show the 1st drive, which is simply annoying, then I have to right click and reselect to show all drives, this is simply counter productive to file management.
I also notice the system keeps “unmounting” the drive… … this not only seems pointless, but also disruptive to file management.

I found this,
"
An error occurred: Sorry, you can’t include links in your posts.
" You know what… I think this just decided it for me, Im just gonna try a more functional oriented OS that can perform basic functions.
trying to figure that out next.

I heard ubunto allows installations without wiping home files, but also the opposite, maybe i should try that next.

Open to any ideas, criticisms, questions. Dont be afraid to ask or say anything.

Hi and welcome to the forum :+1:

First of all: You can’t copy/paste an operating systems files as normal user, this is NOT Micro$@$…

To get any meaningful help from anyone you need to give detailed info about your system and EACH step you performed before you get the error message.
No one is telepathic or looks through your eyes to see what you did and do…

1. So to start:
    [HowTo] Provide System Information
  2. Explain in details what you did step by step, before you got that error message.
  3. If English is not your native language, like it isn’t for most people on earth, you can use the extension mentioned here:
    [HowTo] Become multi-language on internet

:vulcan_salute:

1 Like

Switch from Windows - how to use GNU/Linux: