So I have some wine games set up already but I think I can get more performance if I use proton, the thing is they are not on Steam, and when I chose in the Wine version any version of proton the game won’t even launch. Like I press Play button then it changes to Stop but after like 4 seconds it is changing pack to Play and literally nothing launches… And also no idea why but Proton 5.0 and Proton 5.9-GE are doubled in the list but Proton 4.2 is showing only once
If you open up the ‘show logs’ window in lutris and try to run the game you might find some helpful error messages.
Just right-click on the game.
This error is the same for 3 games that I tested with 2 versions of Proton:
Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/share/lutris/bin/lutris-wrapper", line 16, in <module> from lutris.util.log import logger File "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/lutris/util/log.py", line 9, in <module> from gi.repository import GLib File "/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/gi/__init__.py", line 42, in <module> from . import _gi ImportError: libselinux.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
So I found a very similar issue on Lutris GitHub (can’t post links) and they said installing libselinux will fix it and can confirm it is now working. Also, it made new user so I need now to copy-paste from my document folders to the new user documents!
Yes I was very hesitant to tell you to do that since libselinux was an AUR package, and I’m not sure how it’s necessary… it’s also above my pay grade of know-how.
Furthermore, I don’t have it installed and proton through lutris works fine… glad to hear it worked for you.
FYI, Lutris natively supports the installed Proton. Under Runner options > Wine version, you can choose which version of Proton / Wine you want to use.
I’ve never needed
I mean I said I was choosing it, and for some unknown reason, they were doubled like there were two Proton 5.0 and two Proton 5.9-GE. And whenever I was choosing it and starting the game it wouldn’t launch and the log said what I posted before and I literally copy-pasted the last line and found a Github issue with a solution to install
libselinux and it worked for them and me.
I don’t know why it was happening but it is fixed anyways…
I was having the exact same issue and installing libselinux fixed it for me as well.
This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.