How To Purge PulseAudio From Manjaro And Install PipeWire?

Hi. My laptop does not like PulseAudio and i cannot transmit any voice with any device. So i want to purge COMPLETELY and install PipeWire. Here’s my list:

Distro Mic. can work (Fail/Succes/Unknown) GPU Can Work (NVIDIA MX150)
Manjaro Fail (completely) Halfly (needs some arrangement)
Fedora Half fail (works with hedaphone’s mic. but if i plug off, it goes ) OK(needs some arrangement)
OpenSUSE Fail (completely) NO
POP!_OS OK OK

So… How can i do it ?

I tried POP!_OS, Open SUSE, Fedora, Mint but nobody can’t give 2 things in normal condution. I love Linux but drivers… They get me mad.

If Pulseaudio isn’t working, why would you think Pipewire would?

You can try the manjaro-pipewire package and see how it goes. See here for more info: PipeWire - ArchWiki

3 Likes
1 Like

I will do that ASAP :slight_smile: Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

I used to try ArchWiki but nothing happend.
PipeWire works well. Idk but i am not lying.

Tried what, specifically? Something happened.

If you already know that, then why are we here? :thinking:

2 Likes

Oh, well, do you really want to know? Well, I guess it all started a long time ago when a big asteroid killed off the dinosaurs… :stuck_out_tongue:

:t_rex:

5 Likes

I knew because after that i used Fedora 34. But i cannot use Manjaro because it uses PulseAudio and i want your help get rid of this.

All suggested articles.

Well, I guess where done here then. You’ve provided no details whatsoever and read and followed the entire Arch Wiki. Not sure what else to tell you. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

I gave you the literal instructions higher up to get rid of PulseAudio and install PipeWire. :arrow_down:

sudo pacman -Ru --nodeps pulseaudio pulseaudio-equalizer pulseaudio-jack pulseaudio-lirc pulseaudio-rtp pulseaudio-zeroconf pulseaudio-bluetooth pulseaudio-pa pulseaudio-alsa pulseaudio-ctl manjaro-pulse && sudo pacman -S manjaro-pipewire
8 Likes

This is probably something that deserves a second topic, but how do you revert back to PulseAudio?

Wild guess, do the opposite of How To Purge PulseAudio From Manjaro And Install PipeWire? - #11 by Aragorn?

I had tried just that and it hadn’t worked for me. Anyways I was simply wanting to return to PulseAudio for the time being as while I plan to fully move to PipeWire soon, I’m waiting for it to get a bit more stable.

Huh weird, it worked this time. Not sure why it didn’t work last time I tried.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.