How to pin packages to taskbar like in Windows 10?

I really like the versatility and simplicity of the Manjaro taskbar. But it’s missing one important thing: pinning programs. How can I pin icons to the taskbar so I can launch them from there without going to the Start menu every time?

1 Like

There are multiple ways to do that:

1. You can right-click any application in the Whisker menu and select the option Add to panel.
  2. You can drag-and-drop any .desktop file (desktop shortcut) from the desktop to the panel.
  3. You can manually create Panel Launchers (or edit existing ones) following the instructions from this page:
    xfce:xfce4-panel:launcher [Xfce Docs]
3 Likes

The drag and drop files to the panel doesn’t work on mine. Does it need to be enabled or something?

For probably 4 of the 5 years I’ve been running Manjaro Xfce I’ve tried and wondered if files could be moved to the panel. I had just a few files that I wanted to access from the desktop that were stuck as Desktop icons while I had everything else neatly in panels. Thanks to @Mennaruuk’s question and your answer I finally learned to make launchers, with icons I made and all, and NOW my Desktop is finally icon free. The --%u at the end of the commands took a bit of figuring out, but now I know. Thank You Both!!

BEFORE:
Screenshot_2020-11-13_22-54-44

AFTER!!:

1 Like