How to override polkit password prompt in pamac?

I have an system-setup-and-update script that sets up some stuff in the OS and runs pamac a couple of times. I know that running pamac with sudo is out of the question, since I use it to sync AUR packages.

Can I setup polkit so that it won’t prompt me for passwords? I want to just input my password once when I run the script. Ideally, that exception would only be active when I’m running the script; normal pamac use should still prompt for password.

If running my script from a different user would do it, then I’d like to set that up. But again, I’d need to configure polkit so that I don’t always get prompted to choose the user when running pamac (it’s really annoying when I have multiple users).

pamac use polkit

yes you can edit before/after (with sudo) rule in script. View polkit doc and /usr/share/polkit-1/rules.d/

Alright, I have a working solution.

I add /etc/polkit-1/rules.d/99-pamac-override.rules with this contents:

polkit.addRule(function(action, subject) {
    if (action.id == "org.manjaro.pamac.commit" && subject.isInGroup("butla")) {
        return polkit.Result.YES;
    }
})

When I add the file polkitd reloads the rules, which can be observed when running systemctl status polkit.service.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.