How to install Tor Browser on Manjaro?

How do I get the latest Tor Browser installed? Each tutorial I see does it differently.
Do I go to the official website, download the archive, extract it and run it?
Or do I get it from Pamac? Which one, tor or torbrowser-launcher (why does the latter have a duplicate titled “Tor Browser Launcher Settings”?)

In regard with Thor Browser that is the best practice to download and tun it. Even on the site they recommend that.

Alternatively, you can install brave-browser from the official repository, which has a “Private Browsing with Tor” option.

I’ve used it and it works quite well. :+1:

It’s more for the modern world than “Tor Browser” which is based on an older version of Firefox. Another bonus is you don’t need to build anything from the AUR with Brave Browser.

Hello @BurgerApocalypse42

torbrowser-launcher works good for me if you only want to browse through tor or on onion-sites. :grinning:

Tor Browser Launcher is intended to make Tor Browser easier to install and use for GNU/Linux users. You install torbrowser-launcher from your distribution’s package manager and it handles everything else

You can install torbrowser-launcher from your operating system’s package manager, but it might be out-of-date and have issues working. If you want to make sure you always have the latest version, use Flatpak
Install torbrowser-launcher like this:

flatpak install flathub com.github.micahflee.torbrowser-launcher -y

More on GitHub

1 Like

This is how I’ve always run Tor. I feel like I should exclude the reliance on a third party for updates in this situation.

sudo pacman -S tor

should work

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.