How to install the theme manually

manjaro KDE, no matter install global theme or icons, it can’t be installed automatically, the error is “network error”.
Why? How?

if you mean, that you get error when trying to download themes from system settings/ get new… youll have to wait, until its fixed on the kde side, or try changing your language to english, and try downloading the themes again… if you still cant get them, after you changed your language, restart your pc and try again

Navigate to store.kde.org and locate the theme

Download the packages for a given theme - or click Install

Note that the theme is spread across multiple archives - note the Suggested settings on the Product tab.

But be careful - themes can cause system instabilities or weird issues when Plasma is updated. If you experience issues switch to the default Breeze theme (apply theme defaults) before reporting errors.

Install ocs-url from the AUR. :arrow_down:

pamac build ocs-url

Then direct your browser to the page for the theme at store.kde.org and click the following link on the page… :arrow_down:

store.kde.org_OCS_links

2 Likes

I did the same as above, installed ocs-url and tried pling-store, but both failed. it report “socket operation timed out”.
I also downloaded the relevant files, but I don’t know how to install them manually.

1. ocs-url. Install it and use it to install global theme
  2. sysem setting - global theme - get new
  3. manually download theme.7z and unpack to /usr/share/plasma/desktoptheme/. log out and then log in

I try all. 1and 2 fail because Internet problem and socket problem . 3 ok

The global theme tar.xz upack to ~/.local/share/plasma/look-and-feel/ is ok too.
But other types (icons,plasma style,etc) tar.xz upack to relevant folder, it does not work.

That’s a nice option! :+1: :grinning:

However, I would like the ocs-url to exist in the official repository, as I don’t like using the AUR. :pray: :blush: :nerd_face:

You can always file a package request under #site-feedback:feature-request. But I doubt whether it’ll be accepted, given that it’s in the AUR already. It’s not exactly a big package to build locally.

1 Like