[How To] Install run Manjaro ARM on Amlogic TV Boxes with S922X - S905X3 SOC

First rule of rolling release distro like Arch/Manjaro.
Never do partial upgrade. It can break the system :wink:

first do sudo pacman -Syyu linux linux-headers base-devel git bc dkms
Reboot
then try dkms pkg from repo to see if wifi will work with cs pkg if not then try bs pkg from that git link/.

Good Luck, I am off to bed.

Thanks a lot ! I’ll try :wink:

I guess it should be

sudo pacman -Syyu linux-vim linux-vim-headers base-devel git bc dkms

linux and linux-headers installs the mainline kernel which might result in your box not booting or not having sound as I have experienced many times before with my X96Max+.

1 Like

Thanks ! I’ll try right now and let’s see.

1 Like

@spikerguy @TheMojoMan I tried both versions, unfortunatly neither worked. FYI the dkms-rtl8822cs package still contains the GRO_DROP issue (but I managed to copile the driver with the make procedure doing the change manually … but the wifi is not detected). Could you please advice a good (ideally simple :wink: tutorial / info page to try to compile the driver I found (GitHub - ChalesYu/rtl8822bs-aml: unoffical driver for linux), just to give it a try. Thanks again for your help.

1 Like

@spikerguy Could you please update the driver? Thanks!
See this post: Manjaro arm on Amlogic Tv box? - #1142 by TheMojoMan

1 Like

Updated repo will push it tonight. Thanks.

@pferrante I have an idea:

• Open the Makefile of rtl8822cs driver
  • Change line 40 to: CONFIG_RTL8822B = y
  • Change line 45 to: CONFIG_RTL8822C = n

Compile the driver with make -j4 and hope for the best :grinning:

Great! Thanks a lot!

Uploaded.

Thanks for the suggestion, I did try just in case :wink: unfortunatly many source files where missing for the target. But it was a good start for other attempts. I finally managed to compile the driver I previously mentioned. But not working. The strange thing is that the box is “natively” supported by Coreelec (Wifi / Ethernet …). I temporarely give-up on this box and try on a different one :wink: But thanks both for your help / suggestions.

hello guys! please help me. i want to install manjaro on tox1(S905X3 )
i did it according to manjaro wiki - amologic boxes
I choose FDT /dtbs/amlogic/meson-sm1-sei610.dtb . but when box loaded ,i saw that FDT /dtbs/amlogic/meson-sm1-sei610.dtb cound’t be found

Please where exactly you see this.
It would be better to share logs from tht boot process.

Also is this dtb file even present in the directory?

Guess whats shown in this screenshot :smiley:

Device: Ugoos AM6 Plus

Boot up Ugoos AM6 Plus without using chainloader?

1 Like

That is one thing but the screenshot have a better fix.
Hint in screenshot :wink:

mmcblk1 ?

1 Like

Good question :smiley:

i know :slight_smile: On my CoreELEC installation i tried to get rid off the two boot blocks, but that’s impossible i think (and not realy important)

1 Like

Hi @spikerguy,

Noticed new linux-khadas and linux-odroid being released on Unstable-Branch.

Any guides which kernel to use especially for Amlogic TV Boxes? Are there any additional packages need be updated to if we switch to these new kernels?