How to install NVIDIA-Linux-aarch64-455.45.01.run

Hello,
as a Newbie with Manjaro I would like to get help with the driver installation for Gigabyte Gtx 1050 Ti 4gb
Downloaded to New map called Nvidia, hoping it is the right driver.
Now the card runs on nvidia 450xx.
I’m using KDE. On HP Tower Elite 8300 i7 workstation 16GB - 220GB SSD.
Hoping someone will explain it to me as simple as possible.
Thanks in advance. :smiley:

Hello,

Manjaro provides a tool called MHWD to install drivers for GPU. has UI and CLI interface.
mhwd -l
from terminal shows the available drivers
sudo mhwd -i pci video-nvidia-455xx
will install the latest drivers and kernel modules

Generally that is done with the mhwd tool.
An example line for removing your old driver would be
mhwd -r pci video-nvidia-450xx
and for installing the new driver you would do it with mhwd -i and the appropriate driver name and type.
You can list the available drivers for your device with mhwd -l

Don’t install anything that’s for aarch64 on your x64 machine. :slight_smile:
It’s just asking for trouble, no matter what it is.

But regarding Nvidia GPU drivers, you should use the Manjaro Settings Manager to install the drivers.

For Intel + Nvidia use hybrid-intel-nvidia-prime driver.

Just did it with Manjaro Settings Manager and now there is version 455xx.
It is not possible/clever to install drivers downloaded from Nvidia?

My system does not show a hybrid version, just video-nvidia-455xx and this version is active now.

1 Like

See? It was not so hard was it? While on the forums command line is preferred generally the UI works just as good… simply a lot harder to explain in searchable words on what to do.

And yes it is preferable to install and update via the system utilites as they also take care of other matters that might need to be taken care of or atleast warn you if something might cause problems.

Thanks a lot guys, it s easy this way. I’m not very good with the command line, studying it but maybe I’m not so clever :sweat_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.