How to install java-common for Amazon Corretto

I am trying to install Amazon corretto but it needs java-common dependency. In ubutu I could easily perform sudo apt-get install java-common. But in manjaro I am unable to discover java-common in AUR or anywhere else. it is showing -
cannot resolve “java-common”, a dependency of "java-11-amazon-corretto-jdk"
:: The following package cannot be upgraded due to unresolvable dependencies:
** java-11-amazon-corretto-jdk**
Although I have installed java -
java --version
openjdk 16.0.2 2021-07-20
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 16.0.2+7)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 16.0.2+7, mixed mode)
How can I get java-common?

is in repos Arch Linux - java-common (any) - Split Package Details

Then build the desired version

pamac build amazon-corretto-$VERSION

I have Installed the java-common from repos which you have mentioned, but still the warning message -(cannot resolve “java-common”, a dependency of “java-11-amazon-corretto-jdk”) remains.

At first I have tried this. But there have an error while packege build ("==> ERROR: One or more PGP signatures could not be verified!"). Then I have downloaded deb file from official website and used debtap. At that time it requires java-common as a dependecy.

Debtap sometimes work - sometimes it don’t - and when the package is in AUR debtap is not needed.

Try a search for that message - it is more common than you think - and easily remedied

Thanks mate. I have found the solution. Works perfect. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.