How to install CrowdSec in Manjaro Linux?

Hello everyone. :blush:

I have a question. :arrow_right: Why is there no CrowdSec in AUR? :point_down::blush:

CrowdSec is a free, open-source, security automation tool using local IP behavior detection & an online community-driven IP reputation system.

Official site: CrowdSec
Twitter: CrowdSec

It looks useful. What do you think about that? :nerd_face: :smiley:

1 Like

Because no one added it. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Looks interesting on first sight.

I might make an AUR pkg after some more reading and checking (unless @Yochanan has already done it by the time :wink:)

3 Likes

Go for it. No interest.

1 Like

So???

Will you put your :money_with_wings: where your :lips: is???

:grin: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

P.S. mntray is :+1::+1::+1:

:bowing_man:

1 Like

Nope, sorry, lost interest. Won’t be using it and hence not willing to maintain an AUR package.

2 Likes

I’m still hoping someone would add this to the AUR. In the meantime if someone is willing to explain how to properly install it in Manjaro I’m all ears :ear:

1 Like

Still a WIP and won’t work on it in the foresable future,

known issues:

• if running makepkg twice don’t like already present builded files
  • not using Arch Go build flags: lacks FULL RELRO, PIE
  • can’t write to /var/log/
  • systemd service has binary located at /usr/local/ instead of /usr/bin
3 Likes

Thanks! I’ll give it a shot!

2 Likes

Taking a closer look, Crowdsec isn’t really meant to be installed like that. The wizard needs to be run to set it up, for one.

It’s technically possible to install it with a PKGBUILD, but there’s a lot more that needs to be done. See the Debian files for example. Here’s the installed file list.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s what I figured, after building and installing the package, and modifying the service to match the executable path, I still couldn’t start it.

While searching for how to use it I saw the installation wizard process and thought there was some steps missing besides copying the files.

I might give it another try later, I just wanted to try and check my system with it. I’ll probably try their ‘normal’ installation next time.

2 Likes