How to install an already constructed aur package?

Hello,

I updated rstudio-desktop package in AUR repository. This package is incredibly long to compile (and the IDE is horrible but that’s not the subject).

I had a prompt asking to me to type my password. As I was working on another subject and I didn’t request any action requiring admin privilege, I just type on escape key. I understood after that it was pacman which finished the construction on the rstudio-desktop package.

Now I would like to finish the installation. But I don’t want to reconstruct everything. It take too much time. Is there a way to just use the created files ?

Depends on the AUR helper and its configuration.

For example, for me this would probably be in

~/.cache/paru/clone/

For pamac its

/var/tmp/pamac/aur-"$USER"/

Then, as with any compiled package you can, ex

sudo pacman -U ~/.cache/paru/clone/rstudio-desktop/rstudio-desktop.pkg.tar.gz

(whatever is the actual path)

Just run the same command again. The built package is already in your cache, so it will be found the next time around.

1 Like
sudo pacman -U /var/tmp/pamac-build-"$USER"/rstudio-desktop/rstudio-desktop-2023.12.1.402-1-x86_64.pkg.tar

This worked.

Just run the same command again. The built package is already in your cache, so it will be found the next time around.

I saw @cscs message before yours. I’ll tried with a lighter package next time to see if it works.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.