How to get xbox controller (USB) to light up?

Pretty simple question to which I can’t seem to have an answer online: I have an xbox one controller plugged in via USB and the controls work just great! However, the lights inside the controller don’t seem to be working at all. When plugged into a Windows PC, it has a button on the back that switches between different preset light colors, so I assumed that all of the hardware / software for controlling the lights was in the controller itself, but given that it doesn’t work on Manjaro, I might be mistaken.

Here’s the info from inxi about the controller specifically:

Device-2: 3-2.2:4 info: ThrustMaster XB1 Spectra Pro
    type: <vendor specific> driver: xpad interfaces: 3 rev: 2.0 speed: 12 Mb/s
    power: 500mA chip-ID: 24c6:592a class-ID: ff00 serial: <filter>

I don’t have an XBOX controller to test, but you could try installing game-devices-udev if you don’t already have it installed. It’s required by our steam package, so you might already have it installed.

Reload udev rules after installing it (if applicable):

sudo udevadm control --reload

looks like I already have that installed and reloading it did not seem to do anything

Well, the driver is already included in the kernel. Which kernel are you using? Have you tried any others?

You might also try xpadneo.

I’m on 6.1.9-1. I’ll try switching to the latest LTS real quick…

UPDATE: 5.15.91-1 didn’t help

I’ll try xpadneo, but it looks like that is mostly for bluetooth…

UPDATE: that didn’t seem to help either.

Not sure if this is helpful, but the suggestion of udevadm led me to run udevadm info --query=all --attribute-walk --name=/dev/input/js0 which output:

looking at device '/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:01.3/0000:03:00.0/usb1/1-2/1-2:1.3/0003:1B1C:1B89.0004/input/input25/js0':
    KERNEL=="js0"
    SUBSYSTEM=="input"
    DRIVER==""
    ATTR{power/control}=="auto"
    ATTR{power/runtime_active_time}=="0"
    ATTR{power/runtime_status}=="unsupported"
    ATTR{power/runtime_suspended_time}=="0"