How to completely uninstall an AUR package cloned via git?

I cloned and installed “gnome-shell-extension-pop-shell-git” package from AUR. Now I’m trying to uninstall it, but yay -R gnome-shell-extension-pop-shell-git returns “error: target not found”. Will deleting the git repo be enough to remove dependencies and the package altogether?

Run instead:
pamac remove gnome-shell-extension-pop-shell-git
If you get the target not found error, it means is not installed. If you still have that extensions than maybe you manually installed it in your home directory, so you have to check inside
~/.local/share/gnome-shell/extensions/ and manually again delete that extension.

2 Likes

Cloning method does not matter, install method however, matters. How did you install the package?

1 Like

from inside the repo: makepkg

If you didn’t pass -i to makepkg, you would’ve had to install it with (I don’t use anything but pacman):

pacman -U <path_to_your_built_package>

Seeing that you got a target not found error, I doubt that you actually installed it.

Check:

pacman -Qi  gnome-shell-extension-pop-shell-git
1 Like

pacman -Qi gnome-shell-extension-pop-shell-git gives error: package 'gnome-shell-extension-pop-shell-git' was not found so I supposed is not installed… but I can still see it in the extension list and if I turn it on it works :thinking:

Read that?

2 Likes