How should I opt into the steam Client Beta?

After applying the latest update, I have a question:

• How to install the “steam beta client”?

I only find the official Steam-manjaro client 1.0.0.71-1 in PAMAC.
Trying to update the steam client inside steam does not change anything.

1 Like

I’m having the same problem with Steam showing a black screen.
I think I’ll wait for a Steam update for that since last time I used the Steam beta client I had problems with my controllers.
Is there a way that a package update could solve that or I’m better of waiting for a Steam client update?

Through a setting within Steam.

1 Like

It’s a setting inside the client to opt in…

1. From the client menu… Steam=>Settings
  2. Inside Settings on the account tab, opt into the beta client

I’d also found it useful to also go down to the “Steam Play” tab and ENABLE “Steam Play for all other titles” using proton experimental.

3 Likes

@ maycne.sonahoz
@ Daniel-I

Thank you both! :slight_smile:

Thanks! I’ve edited your link into the update wiki so I’ve moved all of this to its own topic so other people having issues will not get lost in the wood for the trees.

Therefore, I’ve marked this answer as the solution to your question as it is by far the best answer you’ll get.

However, if you disagree with my choice, please feel free to take any other answer as the solution to your question or even remove the solution altogether: You are in control! (If you disagree with my choice, just send me a personal message and explain why I shouldn’t have done this or :heart: or :+1: if you agree)

:innocent:
P.S. In the future, please don’t forget to come back to your question after your issue has been solved and click the 3 dots below the answer to mark a solution like this below the answer that helped you most:
Solution
so that the next person that has the exact same problem you just had will benefit from your post as well as your question will now be in the “solved” status.

One issue with steam UI not rendering, you need to opt-in to beta:

In case anyone was already opted into steam beta, I switched back to the “no beta” branch and then opted in the beta again. That worked.

1 Like

I was already using Steam Beta and got the black screens too. I just clicked on the menu in Steam “Steam/Check for Steam Client updates” and it found an update. After installing it and restarting Steam, everything functions normal back.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.