How is Deepin Now?

It depends on the particular problem. Deepin on Manjaro gets fairly regular updates but I think a lot of it relies on what’s happening with the Arch release.

Thanks for your answer manjbob, when these updates arrive I just have to update the system normally right? (sudo pacman -Syu) or should I get them some other way?

They should arrive with your normal system updates. I believe the testing branch released yesterday had some new Deepin stuff, but I’ve not tried it yet.

You may download nightly builds of Manjaro Deepin from Github.

1 Like

Thanks to @philm for the daily builds!

Don’t know if this is the right place but I’ve discovered a couple of new (?) Deepin bugs:

1. Network icon on taskbar now shows ‘Connected but no Internet access’ error, even though it’s working OK. Disabling and re-enabling the wired connection fixes the error for a few seconds, but then it just reverts back.

2. Minimising deepin-terminal to taskbar only works once. After that, the minimise button no longer does anything, but the other buttons still work OK.

1 Like

Deepin SO update fixes those bugs, that’s why I asked when it was going to get to manjaro…

1 Like

Thanks , but in my case installer stucks on formatting position step and drops an exception.

Rufus says there is NO bootloader with Pre - version …ugh …

well…I can NOT wait for the Deepin Public Beta to be stable enough to use and test.

I want to see who is gonna make a better version ? Manjaro ? Ubuntu ? ha ha ha …

The Ubuntu LTS version is …okay LOL …the Deepin 20 version has too many BUGS …so,…I am waiting for the Manjaro team to create a better and stable version…maybe better than Deepin, itself ha ha

Hopefully ? ? ?

1 Like

Thank You !

This gonna be totally Awesome !

1 Like

These issues are still present. I’ve also found some Bluetooth bugs with the service just outright not working and requiring a restart (to the service) and bluez not responding to commands. Also had to suspend/sleep and then reawaken the device to get WiFi/Bluetooth working smoothly again.

I am very curious IF the DDE dock is gonna have Rounded edges as Deepin dock ?

my image as now … Manjaro Rules ! LOL

I’m wondering if the dock launcher icon can be replaced with a much more matching icon by default in addition to rounding off the edges. Experimenting with these .svgs now. manicob - Pastebin.com

1 Like

…maybe a Deepin blue logo of manjaro … will be cool!!!

…maybe something as this would be cool ? ? ?

Manjaro  Deepin

3 Likes

Yeah that looks good, I’m using this on the dock right now though, haha. Color on that looks good.

Screenshot_2021-04-29_23-10-43

how did you changed the icon ? LOL

I may use my icon if I know how to change it LOL

Search for a file named “deepin-launcher.svg” on your system disk. Go to the file location, locate the folder of your active theme (probably going to be bloom, as thats the default on deepin) and replace the instances of it. Should be good to go after that, give it a restart if it didn’t work immediately.

1 Like