This don't work: sudo pacman -S git

git ......google-chrome.git

cd Downloads

cd google-chrome

makepkg -s

2 Likes

Install Chrome from AUR.

1. Enable AUR in pamac.
  2. Search for google-chrome in pamac → Click AUR in left pane.

Then install it as usual.

Or, do via cli as @philm wrote.

2 Likes

pamac build google-chrome

Thanks Its all right

Thanks, but I’m used to the command line, I rarely use the graphical environment, I only use the browser there.

Shouldn’t that be makepkg -si for “installing” the package?

After that, it started a continuous access to the hard disk so that it was impossible to work, everything was blocked: the keyboard, mouse. I waited 20 minutes, my patience ran out and I reloaded computer. After reloading : Logs only system.journal, user-1000.journal and Xorg have information and they are suspicious :

78669.864] (EE) client bug: timer event6 debounce: scheduled expiry is in the past (-109ms), your >
[ 78670.282] (EE) client bug: timer event6 debounce: scheduled expiry is in the past (-398ms), your >
[ 78670.282] (EE) client bug: timer event6 debounce short: scheduled expiry is in the past (-411ms),>
[ 78672.227] (EE) client bug: timer event6 debounce: scheduled expiry is in the past (-236ms), your >
[ 78672.884] (EE) client bug: timer event6 debounce: scheduled expiry is in the past (-656ms), your >
[ 78672.885] (EE) client bug: timer event6 debounce short: scheduled expiry is in the past (-669ms)
After reboot, the disk storm has calmed down and chrome work :))

I loked journalctl --since today but there is nothing serious there. Minor bugs

yes, aur compilation is long if app is big and compilation requires all resources
At you to install when you’re not working

google-chrome in manjaro looks very strange and inconvenient to use, very different from, for example, Mint or Alma or MX Linux

Can you expand ? I notice no issue :thinking:

yes - s is sync and i is install automatically …
Though it would create the package, that you could then install with pacman -U
Usually I do makepkg -sric to also remove unneeded make dependencies and clean up.

1 Like

That’s what I wanted to say since the OP said he ran only makepkg -s and didn’t explicitly say anything else about installing the package. :sweat_smile:

The duration is similar to installing apps of FreeBSD from ports. I was installing Midnight Commander 30 min.But there all compilations are displayed on the screen.

After that I stopped using ports and I reinstalled FreeBSD from packages. In this case, Midnight Commander is installed using the package manager in 30 seconds. But if the computer has non-standard hardware, you have to install the system from ports

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.