How do i turn off package manager (pamac) notifications [and its autocheck for updates]?

Every boot i have package manager notifications (pamac) which i can’t turn off.

Check updates is disabled in package manager

I turned it off in notification settings also

How to turn off notifications [and its autocheck for updates]].

Thank you

1 Like

welcome to the forum !
did you check if the program is set to run as startup app in the DE or WM startup script ?

Only Guake terminal and libinput Gestures is there

ive looked almost everywhere i know. No systemd timers, no cron jobs. Where should i look?

is pamac-tray (applet) on display somewhere in the panel ?

pamac-tray must be starting at every startup. if you cant find it, best is to issue pkill pamac-tray command every time you start OR make is an auto run command at every startup

1 Like

The different pamac tray icons are autostarted via .desktop files located in /etc/xdg/autostart:
I’m on KDE, so atm there are these files:

$ LANG=C ls -l /etc/xdg/autostart/*pamac*
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 169 30. Aug  16:55 /etc/xdg/autostart/pamac-tray-budgie.desktop
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 158 27. Aug  18:37 /etc/xdg/autostart/pamac-tray-plasma.desktop
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 171 30. Aug  16:55 /etc/xdg/autostart/pamac-tray.desktop

To find the package, use pacman:

$ pacman -Qo /etc/xdg/autostart/pamac-tray-plasma.desktop
/etc/xdg/autostart/pamac-tray-plasma.desktop is owned by pamac-tray-icon-plasma 0.1.0-1

To get rid of the notifier/checker I’d have to uninstall pamac-tray-icon-plasma:

$ sudo pacman -Rns pamac-tray-icon-plasma

Just in case you’re wondering, some files aren’t relevant for my DE, for example /etc/xdg/autostart/pamac-tray.desktop:

$ cat /etc/xdg/autostart/pamac-tray.desktop 
NotShowIn=KDE;GNOME;
3 Likes

Thank you very much!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.