How do I switch to XFCE File Save Window?

I am looking to switch from using the GNOME file save window to the file saving window. Sorry, I don’t know their proper names. I’d prefer to set it at the system level, so all applications use it.

I’m not scared of the terminal, if that’s the best way to do it.

vs

i think that’s tied to the file manager, what happens if you right click a folder> open with & set the other file manager as default.

It doesn’t matter if I have Thunar or PCManFM set as the default.

hmm, gnome file manager is nautilus, pcmanfm is from lxde, thunar is xfce.

they all have different way’s of doing things depending on environment, you look like your running more than 1 desktop on the same system. this can lead to corruption of settings, in most cases it’s fine, just don’t over do it.

i think all file managers use mimeinfo.cache, i’m in my xfce setup & don’t see a x-scheme-handler for that, so maybe it can be created.

get that selection app to show, then in terminal run “xprop” then click on the window, that should give you the info you can use to work with.

I will give your idea a try. This is just Manjaro XFCE with PCManFM added. The GNOME window was in use by default in the ISO.

Thanks!

Guess I learned something new today. The think the difference is Xubuntu 20.04 is still using gtk2 and Manjaro is using gtk3 for this instance.

Thanks again kerry_s. Found that a simple command would make the world right again. Ran this to move the buttons to the bottom.

xfconf-query -c xsettings -p /Gtk/DialogsUseHeader -s false

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.