How do I put noatime, compression=zstd etc flags in Manjaro manual install with btrfs?

I am installing Manjaro KDE in Dualboot with Ubuntu, using btrfs. How can I assign subvolume flags like noatime, compression=zstd etc to the subvolumes? (Either graphically or via terminal)

You add them to the mount options for the individual subvolumes in /etc/fstab. See… :arrow_down:

man fstab
1 Like

Thanks a lot!:grin:

1 Like

Sorry to disturb again :sweat_smile:, but can I create subvolumes with names like @cache, @log like there is in the following fstab?

# /etc/fstab: static file system information.
#
# Use 'blkid' to print the universally unique identifier for a device; this may
# be used with UUID= as a more robust way to name devices that works even if
# disks are added and removed. See fstab(5).
#
# <file system>             <mount point>  <type>  <options>  <dump>  <pass>
UUID=####-####                            /boot/efi      vfat    umask=0077 0 2
UUID=########-####-####-####-############ /              btrfs   subvol=/@,defaults,noatime,space_cache,ssd,compress=zstd,commit=120 0 1
UUID=########-####-####-####-############ /home          btrfs   subvol=/@home,defaults,noatime,space_cache,ssd,compress=zstd,commit=120 0 2
UUID=########-####-####-####-############ /var/cache     btrfs   subvol=/@cache,defaults,noatime,space_cache,ssd,compress=zstd,commit=120 0 2
UUID=########-####-####-####-############ /var/log       btrfs   subvol=/@log,defaults,noatime,space_cache,ssd,compress=zstd,commit=120 0 2
UUID=########-####-####-####-############ swap           swap    defaults,noatime 0 0
tmpfs                                     /tmp           tmpfs   defaults,noatime,mode=1777 0 0

It’s from a full disk Manjaro 21.1.1 btrfs install.

Yes, you can. Read the man page. :wink:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.