How do I change my wallpaper?

I’m a new guy with manjaro, how do I get my wallpaper to randomly change. I did it before but I can’t remember.

Thanks

It would be good to know what DE you are using. If you are unsure please post the output of inxi -S --no-host

1 Like

System:
Kernel: 5.7.14-1-MANJARO x86_64 bits: 64 Desktop: Xfce 4.14.2
Distro: Manjaro Linux

Thanks for replyijng

https://docs.xfce.org/xfce/xfdesktop/preferences

3 Likes

To simply change wallpapers: Right click on the desktop and click on Desktop Settings . Choose Background from the folder option, and choose any one of the default backgrounds or a custom one.

To set up cycling wallpapers: You can enable this option by checking the Change the background box. The frequency in which the images are changed and the order in which they are chosen can be changed by selecting an interval period from the drop-down list and optionally selecting the Random Order checkbox.

1 Like

Thank you all!!!
I feel so silly seeing the simplicity of the answer. The fact that you took the time shows just how kind you all are.

My two cents about that inxi command

He seemed like a new user, so he could had been using the most recent July 2020 build of inxi. From what I had observed in the manual included with that build, this is mentioned:

:book: inxi manual, July 26th 2020, line 585-592 (reformatted, with emphasis):
-z, --filter: Adds security filters for IP addresses, serial numbers, MAC, location (-w), and user home directory name. Removes Host:. On by default for IRC clients.

So, couldn’t he had just done inxi -Sz instead? Or am I just being smooth brain and not seeing a difference between Host: and Hostname?

1 Like

inxi -S --no-host

System:
Kernel: 5.8.1-arch1-1 x86_64 bits: 64 Desktop: GNOME 3.36.5

nothing wrong in asking for that

They are saying that it’s easier to type inxi -Sz instead of inxi -S --no-host

2 Likes

Check this out. Output with -z is much cleaner.
https://www.diffchecker.com/kwYm9BaC

2 Likes

I know… i need learn more english , sorry mistake i made :pray:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.