Hello. I need to use a kernel with some patches applied and I have no experience with it at all. I do have the patches in .patch format.
I’m adding my patches as
1001-mypatch2.patch, and so on, to the root of the local
linux512 repository, and then running
makepkg -s as the guide stated. This is still running, it seems to take a very long time.
(Edit: I just learned I need to add the
.patch files to the
PKGBUILD file and run
updpkgsums before they are in effect. I also need to do
makepkg -Cs so it will remove the previous build before attempting a new one. Correct me if I’m wrong here.)
I’m stumped as to what to do after this.
- How do I add this Kernel to the grub menu with a custom name as to differentiate it from the official Manjaro kernels that are kept up-to-date by the system?
- How do I update it later, do I just
makepkg -sand install it over?
- How do I uninstall it if I don’t want to have it on the menu anymore?
- Will it get overwritten by updates from Manjaro?
- How do I keep it as the default boot option even if Manjaro updates the official kernels?
Any guidance is appreciated. I just don’t want to break anything and be able to revert it if something goes wrong.