How Chinese users customize the Chinese characters input and which font do you use?

just as the title said, I want how you custome the inpus method? and if there is one way that as essy as possible, like that just one click that could sovle the problem. and which Chinese characters font do you prefer, the font which looks much elegant

2 Likes

Do you mean you want to type Chinese. The steps can be found in Fcitx5 - ArchWiki

Steps to install Fcitx5:
sudo pacman -S fcitx5-im ← this will install fcitx5, fcitx-gtk, fcitx-qt, fcitx5-configtool

After you installed fcitx5-im group you want to install fcitx5-chinese-addons this will let you type in Chinese. To install run: sudo pacman -S fcitx5-chinese-addons

Then we want to edit the file in /etc/environment to edit run sudo nano /etc/environment and enter the following lines in the blockquote:

GTK_IM_MODULE=fcitx
QT_IM_MODULE=fcitx
XMODIFIERS=@im=fcitx

Cofiguration:
You can configure Fcitx with fcitx5-configtool we installed when we run sudo pacman -S fcitx5-im, fcitx5-configtool should be in your Main Menu

Theming:
fcitx5 can be themed, the theme I use https://github.com/tonyfettes. You can find more themes at https://github.com/topics/fcitx5-theme.

WARNING IF UR USING GNOME PLS DON’T BULLY URSELF, SO USE IBUS IME!!!

2 Likes

gracias. your answer is very in detaile.

1 Like

My man, no offense of anything. But you can get a spell checker because sometimes I don’t understand what you’re trying to type.

Also, you can mark my answer as solution if it works ok.

sorry my poor spells , that may confuse your mind. now I am useing the smart input which can help me type the English words

Don’t worry man, you have plenty of time to learn English.

On Manjaro, just install manjaro-asian-input-support-fcitx5 and reboot to save you some troubles.

2 Likes

What is manjaro-asian-input-fcitx5.

It’s a package. It installs all fcitx5-related packages and set up the environmental variables for the users so that you just install and reboot to get fcitx5 works on your computer. A click and go solution.

Interesting, great for noobs I guess.

I have search the article about the Chinese character input,noticing that way have been mentioned . maybe it is the easiest way to solve the chine input problems . and does that way no need to edit the environment file?

Yes it is, but I don’t think this will work on other distros, so learning to edit it is still the best way.

This package creates the two config files in /etc:

/etc/profile.d/input-support.sh
/etc/xdg/fcitx5/profile

and the environmental variables are set with the input-support.sh.

If you’d like, you can still set it up manually per user.

hello,bro. there manjaro kde , manjaro kde minimal installed and manjaro kde minimal installed for LTS . which one douban you prefer? I actually like the minimal installed for LTS,but I noticed that the minimal for LTS looks a little different from the manjaro kde and manjaro kde minimal

I prefer installing the full installation, and then remove those features I don’t need (e.g. snap, flatpak, etc). Although you can install the minimal version and stack up new packages, you will hardly know what features you lose.

I don’t like update too frequent . so I prefer the minimal installation for LTS, and also would like the overalls of the full installation of manjaro for kde

I more flexible way is to use basestrap to install all the needed packages from the live media to get full control of what you need and implicate the system as close as the official ISO media. More details can be found on the 5th and 6th steps in the tutorial.

1 Like

gracias

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.