How can i to change my ip? without vpns

hi, im looking for the best way to change my ip 'cause i want to enter to an specific web site but i want not to use a vpn. thanks

You cannot change your ip.

If you find someone wanting to be a proxy then you can appear to have another IP.

You can use Tor if proxy is not an option.

Hi @Pipelinlugo,

1. That is not a Manjaro question, while this is the Manjaro support Forum.

However,

1. You can’t for anything internet-related. That has to be done at your ISP’s side.
  2. There might still be a chance to do this by restarting the connected device. If it is a direct connection, which I doubt, your PC. Otherwise, your router. But keep in mind that this is not guaranteed to accomplish it. And your IP might not change, anyway.
2 Likes

On most ISP, if you do not have a fixed IP address, simply unplug your router for 10 minutes, and plug it back in. This should be enough for your previous IP to be distributed to someone else. That’s how it works here on most ISP. In the end it is still your ISP IP, but as you didn’t explain what you want to do, you just said you want to change the IP, so…

1 Like

Butt OP won’t have any control over what it might be, so it still might not work.

OP didn’t explain anything about his intent and what the issue is currently with his IP.

safe connexion or not ? not: exists public online proxy , is easy to find

It depends on your ISP. And on the modem from our ISP (if you have one from them). If you have a router and your modem supports it, you can clone your MAC and get a new IP. Or like said before, unplug your modem or router for 10 minutes. The unplug-sollution doesn’t work with my ISP.

I know you said you don’t want to use a VPN, but there are free options out there that provide easy-to-use OpenVPN config files that work with Network Manager (KDE, GNOME, Xfce). You browse to the file, load it, enter your username/password, and you’re good to go. From that point on, it’s a matter of toggling the VPN connection on/off from the network icon in your tray.

I know. Just put it there so he’d see. :wink:

You could disable IPv4 and try to connect with IPv6. Many website administrators will only have blocking enabled for IPv4 but no v6. It would make sense anyway because you can easily change it and there are too many possibilities.

Well, technically you can’t change the IP address assigned to you by your ISP. Any other IP address you set up manually on your device (out of the network address of your ISP) will make it unroutable. In other words, your internet connection will stop working.

You can’t achieve that without a VPN. A VPN creates a virtual network interface on your device, which in turn gets a virtual IP address. As a result, the network traffic from your device gets routed/tunnelled across the VPN provider infrastructure.

I might be skimming above but hopefully, you get the idea of how that works.

I agree with @Mirdarthos. This question is ambiguous. The thread might be closed as this is a general discussion topic rather than a support question.

On second thought, you may use:

1. a browser with built-in obfuscation capabilities, which is similar to having a vpn client installed. (E.g. brave with its tor tabs) The only drawback of this approach is that some websites will often require that you prove them you’re a human through captcha or something like that.
  2. an open proxy server, but they generally disappear as fast as a :snowflake: in :fire: so you might have to update your proxy every couple of days or even hours.
4 Likes

I marked my post above as a solution since this is the best answer you got so far. Feel free to uncheck the post if you disagree with my decision. Thanks!.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.