How can I go about uninstalling Manjaro from my dual-boot system safely?

Hey folks, I haven’t really been using my Manjaro install at all, and I lack the technical knowledge to use/maintain it properly, and was looking to uninstall it from my dual boot system without bricking my laptop. I’m running it alongside a Windows 10 installation with a GRUB boot loader. Disk mgmt screenshot is provided. Please let me know if I need to provide any more information about my situation at all. :slight_smile:

Most likely partition 7 and 8 are used for Manjaro. You can verify that when opening Gparted in Manjaro to confirm our post the output of cat /etc/fstab.

Normally you can simply delete those partitions and then try to enlarge your Windows partition or format a new partition for Windows to use it as data storage. Additionally you may want to restore the Windows bootloader instead of Grub.

2 Likes

Okay, I’ve loaded into gparted, just want to be absolutely sure that the only ones I need to delete are 1p7 and 1p8.

That is Manjaro’s Root Partition formatted with ext4 and the swap partition:

Just delete them, and let the Windows partition grow.

Since you have shared the EFI Partition with Windows, it would be a good idea to mount it and remove Manjaro folder there also, but it is not necessary.

1 Like

Everything seems to be working properly! Thank you all for the help, really appreciate it. :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.