How can I get dolphin to detect commandline mounted iso images?

To mount an iso image I do:

sudo mkdir /run/media/$USER/iso
sudo chown -R $USER  /run/media/$USER/iso
fuseiso path/to/iso.iso /run/media/$USER/iso

And that all works great.

But dolphin does not detect the iso file as a mounted media (kde partition manager does though).

How can I get dolphin to detect mounted iso images properly?

Hi,

Why not using Dolphin Context Menu for Mount and unmount iso image ? Is there by default:

And when you want to unmount it, with the ISO selected, you click on Unmount ISO

That way, you will have the entries in Dolphin Places Panel for as many ISO images you want to mount …

That actually does not work either, mounting and unmounting iso file this way does work, but dolphin is not detecting the iso files mounted this way either.

Reason I’m not using it is because it doesn’t support mdf files which I occasionally come across.

I tried it on 3 installs. Works with ISO from different distributions. The ISO files that will not sow are some like HirensBootCD, some Windows 10 ISO i found and for example the Ayrix ISO … Will see if i find time to investigate why are not shown, yet are perfectly mounted and i can access the mount point.

Maybe same issue as with some of the ISO files i tested, but not all … :man_shrugging:

Maybe open a bug report or feature request on

I tried it on 3 installs. Works with ISO from different distributions. The ISO files that will not sow are some like HirensBootCD, some Windows 10 ISO i found and for example the Ayrix ISO … Will see if i find time to investigate why are not shown, yet are perfectly mounted and i can access the mount point.at

If the ISO-file isn’t located in the users home directory, dolphin won’t show it in it’s sidebar, alltough it is mounted in /run/media/$USER.

Oh wow that is dumb, yeah your right if I use the file manager option for mounting iso and the iso is in my home directory I can see it but otherwise not.

Also even if it is in the homefolder it won’t get detected if it’s mounted via commandline.