How can I change the dialog when selecting a file?

Hello, friends.

Could you tell me (believe me, I searched for an answer to this question and did not find a solution) how I can change the file selection dialog (I use KDE Plasma).

Before reinstalling the system (the day before yesterday), I used the Opera / Chrome browser and there was a normal file selection window, with the ability to paste the path copied from the clipboard and follow it. But after installing a (forced) new system, the dialog box in Opera/Chrome became the same as in FireFox.

This window is very inconvenient because there are no links I need and there is no way to paste the path copied to the clipboard in order to go to it in the desired directory.

Here is a rough image of the final desired result (so that Dolphin opens the file selection, and not this awkward window). However, I’ve already tried:

xdg-mime default org.kde…desktop inode/directory

and change/add this line to the file

~/.local/share/applications/mimeapps.list
~/home/user/.config/mimeapps.list

inode/directory=dolphin.desktop

Kindly help, as I already seem to have tried everything.

I am most likely not understanding your issue

Some proper punctuation would make it more clear what you mean.

The window on the left look like a GTK window and the right look like Qt - they will never be identical

Sorry, I’m translating through google translator. I want the window to look like it’s on the right when selecting files, not like it’s on the left. How to change it, if possible, tell me.

[SOLVED]

Installation helped (from pacman-manager)
xdg-desktop-portal-gtk
from this post

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.