Horrible network transfer rate compared to Ubuntu

Some notes/info:

• Both installations are console only.
  • I’ve configured Manjaro to use systemd-networkd.
  • Manjaro reports [mq-deadline] kyber bfq none for the IO scheduler
  • Ubuntu reports [mq-deadline] none for it’s IO scheduler.
  • On Manjaro , I get around 10-15MBps when transferring files (via Samba or SCP) from my Windows desktop to the linux machine.
  • On ubuntu on the same machine, I get around 100-120MBps when transferring files (via Samba) from my Windows desktop to the linux machine.
  • Both Manjaro and Ubuntu are using the same smb.conf. The only difference is the interface name used in the config.

Any ideas on where to look/how to debug?

Thank you.

Could be the samba version - set in smb.conf

client min version = SMB3

Also worth noting - SMB1 is disabled with Samba v4.11

Same thing here:
Manjaro 25/s
Mint 100/s
using autofs-cifs or autofs-nfs manjaro is 100+/s
Strange

did you check your systemsettings of the network-adapter. it happened to me too that the network adapter was set to 100Mbit instead of 1 Gbit and that caused the slow down. set it manually to Gbit and restart.

:+1: Welcome to Manjaro! :+1:

1. Please read this:
    How to provide good information
    and post some more information so we can see what’s really going on. Now we know the symptom of the disease, but we need some more probing to know where the origin lies…

2. An inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width would be the minimum required information… (Personally Identifiable Information like serial numbers and MAC addresses will be filtered out by the above command)
    Also, please copy-paste that output in-between 3 backticks ``` at the beginning and end of the code/text.

3. This could be due to a large number of things: different kernel, different LAN speed autodetection, different custom driver, different desktop environment… so post the inxi of both Ubuntu and Manjaro, please.

:+1:

P.S. If you enter a bit more details in your profile, we can also see which Desktop Environment you’re using, which CPU/GPU or Kernel, … you have without typing it every time