Hibernate, suspend, hybrid sleep functions work incorrectly

well first try the non arch xfce, and see if it works, and if not i assume youre going to reinstall your system anyway, since you can work with non functioning suspend…

So, I tested linux mint xfce 4.16 and I can assume that it’s not xfce problem because i made like 50 suspends and all of them were successful. So i guess older versions manajro live usb testing is admissible?

dont even bother with older isos, you tried with the latest stable and it didnt worked… i would also test another arch distro, to narrow it down, if its a manjaro issue or arch issue, and if its a arch issue, just install the mint xfce and dont waste anymore of your time…

Tested EndeavourOS xfce 4.16 suspend works pretty good , made about 40 successful suspends without any problems. Maybe manajaro and xfce conflict somewhere which causes that issue… So i guess there is no solution for now and the best thing i can do is switching to arch?

so it looks like its a manjaro thing unfortunatelly… and yes, install what works: endeavour/arch…

2 Likes

Experienced similar behavior, charger trick involved

On some kernels suspend works, on others doesn’t.
using 5.4.236-1 now
Maybe it’s due to old hardware support