Hibernate, suspend, hybrid sleep functions work incorrectly

these 2 zips:
manjaro-xfce-22.0-221206-linux60.iso.zip
manjaro-xfce-22.0-221206-linux60.iso.z01
merge them and try with it…
this is for testing purposes, and if the suspend works on this latest iso, its probably something you modified/installed etc, thats causing the issue…

1 Like

I’m sorry but i don’t know how to merge archives… Can you tell me please?

can the default zip program in xfce dont do it?
open terminal in the folder where you downloaded those archives and run this command:
7z x manjaro-xfce-22.0-221206-linux60.iso.z01

1 Like
7-Zip [64] 17.04 : Copyright (c) 1999-2021 Igor Pavlov : 2017-08-28
p7zip Version 17.04 (locale=en_US.utf8,Utf16=on,HugeFiles=on,64 bits,4 CPUs x64)

Scanning the drive for archives:
1 file, 2097152000 bytes (2000 MiB)

Extracting archive: manjaro-xfce-22.0-221206-linux60.iso.z01
--
Path = manjaro-xfce-22.0-221206-linux60.iso.z01
Type = zip
Physical Size = 2097152000
Embedded Stub Size = 4
Total Physical Size = 3702234632
Multivolume = +
Volume Index = 0
Volumes = 2

Everything is Ok                           

Size:       3731611648
Compressed: 3702234632

it did something. What should i do next? With second archive?

it already merged them, now flash the iso, and test with it

you mean i should make a live usb?

yes, use the merged/extracted iso and just test with it, like you did with the kde live usb

After many attemps(and many hours of attemts) to boot i’am here again. When i use that iso i can’t boot into system. Bios just skips the flash drive in boot order and boots into manjaro that is installed instead. I tried to remake live usb about 5 times but nothing changed. Just for test i made live usb manjaro 5.15 , i used 5.15 iso when i was installing the system that is installed rn. So i tried to make 5.15 live usb and boot and i booted. I tested suspend on 5.15 live usb and it is not working the same black screen as i get usually. Any ideas how to boot into manjaro 22.0-221206-linux60 live usb? I used rufus 3.19 if it matters.

use ventoy to flash isos, not rufus, but that doesnt matter:

the suspend doesnt work on your hardware + xfce …

1 Like

I always thought that thinkpads are best laptops for linux so it’s discouraging to hear that. Anyway thank you for your time and help. I’ll try maybe some live usbs with older versions…
I’ll post in that topic later if i find a solution, if not i’ll switch to arch, hope it will work there.

that would be pointless to try older isos, just try live usb of a non arch distro with xfce, and test with it… if it happens also there, it would not make sense to switch to arch, since it would be affected too…
you could also try switching branch from stable to testing, since it has the latest xfce 4.18, maybe its fixed there, or wait till its in stable…

2 Likes

No changes on testing branch… The same black screen.
And even more i cannot downgrade so i can’t even open a browser because of conflicting libraries… My system is kinda broken now.

Going to test non arch distro with xfce…

this is how you switch back to stable:
sudo pacman-mirrors --api --set-branch stable
sudo pacman-mirrors --fasttrack 5 && sudo pacman -Syyuu

if the non arch doesnt work, i would recommend a reinstall using non xfce, since it works at least with KDE

I used directly these commands from manjaro wiki but when i try to execute second command i got error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files) and list of libraries
then

Errors occured, no packages were upgraded

well first try the non arch xfce, and see if it works, and if not i assume youre going to reinstall your system anyway, since you can work with non functioning suspend…

So, I tested linux mint xfce 4.16 and I can assume that it’s not xfce problem because i made like 50 suspends and all of them were successful. So i guess older versions manajro live usb testing is admissible?

dont even bother with older isos, you tried with the latest stable and it didnt worked… i would also test another arch distro, to narrow it down, if its a manjaro issue or arch issue, and if its a arch issue, just install the mint xfce and dont waste anymore of your time…

Tested EndeavourOS xfce 4.16 suspend works pretty good , made about 40 successful suspends without any problems. Maybe manajaro and xfce conflict somewhere which causes that issue… So i guess there is no solution for now and the best thing i can do is switching to arch?

so it looks like its a manjaro thing unfortunatelly… and yes, install what works: endeavour/arch…

2 Likes

Experienced similar behavior, charger trick involved

On some kernels suspend works, on others doesn’t.
using 5.4.236-1 now
Maybe it’s due to old hardware support