HELP with the MPV Player

Hey guys, I just re-installed manjaro xfce on my comp and when I tried to use my vlc player it popped up on my screen with the video starting, but then the whole player disappears from my screen. I decided to not even deal with it so I went online to see what is a good player for manjaro is and I found the mpv player so I went to the website to download it. All I got was a page full of information on it. I’m not a developer. All I want to do is install MPV player. I clicked install and expected a CMD line code, but got a page full of info I cannot use.

HOW do I get the MPV player installed on my manjaro xfce machine? All I need is a CMD code and I’ll be fine. I think. lol

Thanks

pamac install mpv
2 Likes

It crashed. If you try launching it from a terminal, it will give you an explanation on why it crashed. It may have something to do with your graphics drivers.

That is not the proper way to install software in GNU/Linux, not to mention that installing software straight off of websites is also dangerous.

The mpv player is in the Manjaro repository, so you can easily install it by way of the package manager, provided that your system is fully up to date. :arrow_down:

sudo pacman -S mpv

… or… :arrow_down:

pamac install mpv
4 Likes

Thank you! :+1: :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.