Help with dual boot windows/manjaro

Yesterday, I had a catastrophic failure with Manjaro. Things were going so well and I love it. I’m a bit of noob. I was dual booting and then neither Manjaro nor Windows would start. Apparently it was some issue with a kernel update. everything. I couldn’t restore Manjaro with Timeshift because I couldn’t see any partitions at all in GParted. I think it as an issue with SATA.

Anyway, being the idiot that I am I reinstalled Windows and then Manjaro alongside it. I didn’t realize that the new UUID of the Manjaro partition wouldn’t be recognized by Timeshift and I effectively lost all my settings. Manjaro works fine now that I’ve reinstalled everything but Windows isn’t working at all. Partition info is below.

Any help would be much appreciated. Incidentally, if you could advise on software to make a copy of the whole Manjaro OS that can be applied to new drives/new UUIDs so I don’t have to go through this again that would be great too.

Model: PM961 NVMe SAMSUNG 512GB (nvme)
Disk /dev/nvme0n1: 512GB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
Partition Table: gpt
Disk Flags:

Number Start End Size File system Name Flags
1 1049kB 525MB 524MB ntfs Basic data partition msftdata
2 525MB 630MB 105MB fat32 EFI system partition boot, esp
3 630MB 647MB 16.8MB ntfs Microsoft reserved partition msftres
4 647MB 249GB 249GB ntfs Basic data partition msftdata
5 249GB 512GB 263GB ext4

Rule number one - always search before posting

Second rule

Topic temporarily closed - ping a mod to have the thread opened - when you have read the above and you have serious questions to ask.

1 Like

Windows isn’t really a concern for this forum …

That said - it is impossible to solicit any usable advise - Windows is a pain-in-a-lower-part-of-the-body a stone-in-the-shoe

One guy told me yesterday that the conversion I did on his laptop from Windows to Linux years ago - has saved him from the trouble of Windows.

1 Like

I agree completely. I’ve been loving Manjaro after trying MX and Mint. They’re not as good. I think I must have slept my laptop rushing home while updating a kernel and the SATA changed and none of my partitions were recognized.
I would get rid of Windows completely but a couple of years ago I bought Ableton Live and I can’t get it to run properly through Wine. I only use it for that basically.