Help installing wifi usb dongle driver

ok , that’s working , showing 100% . I guess it’s too soon to know if it’ll be constant . also both are plugged in . make any difference , any benefit ?

man , I can’t thank you enough.

no that has no difference on the strenght signal if both are plugged in… so you can remove the old n13 and use this AC1200 Techkey

ok. may all your packages mesh

well I found a better ASUS page with specs/images and figured it out . so I’m good for that question.

but , my speed dropped down to 70% . I guess it’s going to fluctuate no matter what.

in the editor click on the upload icon

well , the signal keeps dropping and disconnects and it’s wanting the password ; over and over again . it just came back at 18%. I’m guessing it’s their router and it’s about to storm too and now I’m guessing they have dish satellite. now back to 98%. your thoughts on this?

hard to tell … could be their router … should check if the n13 has the same issues, if yes its probably not related to the drivers

well, they both have done this. at least I get a better signal some of the time. so it’s better than it was. my question before was which port is fastest but I’m certain I’m in the fastest one.asus says this port is 3.2 gen 2 type A

to be 100% sure you can check the wifi with your phone how the wifi connection is there … yes thats fast - it supports up to 10Gbps speed…

right this minute the phone says connected - signal strength excellent.
the PC says 50% then 59% ; phone now , signal strength “good”
constantly changing

And this :point_up: is why I LOVE my cable.

:grimacing: yes . me too. when I had it .

I don’t see a " smiley face " for ANGST

Heh. Usually the first thing I put in if we moved.
Nowadays my PC is next to the router and switch, so not a lot of cable necessary. Still have and use it though…

when I moved a while back I had just paid my internet bill. $80.00 . still had 25? days left in the month. told me no pro rate no refund .

so you know its on their side …

yes. maybe better if I had some way to place the dongle outside my door. hmmm . I’m thinking.
would distance degrade the signal . maybe 2 of these - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C7SA21U/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00C7S2FRE&linkCode=as2&tag=cmi0d-20&th=1

no it wouldnt degrade it… but first check with your phone if you have outside your door a stable connection …

aaahhh . good idea.

I can’t really tell. it fluctuates in and out of the room . not a good indicator. so I guess I could return them . but really , I think it’s just the nature of wifi and routers .

so the cables would not really help, and theres not much you can do with it …