Help i cant install manjaro on oracle

Hello im a windows user considering switching go linux and im trying to install manjaro to test it out but everytime it reaches unpacking image 1/2 oracle gives me a error saying installation has stopped
I dont know how to fix this

What kind of installation are you talking about?
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Manjaro installation when you open first start up the iso

You don’t like to talk (write) very much, do you? :wink:

check the integrity of the iso you are using
check whether you VM software (VirtualBox, I assume) actually works and can boot other OS iso’s

Thank you so much it worked i apologize if i havent respond is due to prayer times here

I do have another problem for some reason manjaro is slow and a little laggy is there another fix for this and it sometimes crashes my computer

You may need to give more resources to your VM.
Also, since it is a virtual machine, performance will always be lower than by running it natively.

https://www.virtualbox.org/manual/UserManual.html

Alright thank you you guys have been really helpful will definitely switch to manjaro when i finish testing

:wink:

Typically when testing in VirtualBox, I give 2 GB for Linux Distros, even if they can apparent work on less, and I set 4 cores, and give VBox a 49% Execution limit… VBox protests that this is a Config issue, but it works, as requested.

On My now 7 year old Pioneer Computers DreamBook laptop (Assembled in Sydney Australia from parts imported from Clevo in Taiwan).

Operating System: Manjaro Linux
KDE Plasma Version: 5.24.6
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.96.0
Qt Version: 5.15.5
Kernel Version: 5.15.60-1-MANJARO (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11
Processors: 4 × Intel® Pentium® CPU N3540 @ 2.16GHz
Memory: 7.6 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: Mesa Intel® HD Graphics

Most Linux Distros run pretty close to the same as the Host. The only Distro I haven’t actually installed is Garuda, as it protests, telling me it need 2.5 Gig of RAM.

You can work around that quite easily - but the install might fail.
It probably won’t, because other similar distributions do not insist on having 2.5 GB RAM and work fine.

anyway - here is the way:

In the live system
close the welcome screen/cancel and quit the installer

sudo nano /etc/calamares/modules/welcome.conf

change the default from 2.5 to 2.0 (or however low you need to go)

requirements:
    requiredStorage:    29.9
    requiredRam:        2.0

save the edited file
and restart the welcome app to (re)start the installer
which will now no longer complain about too little RAM

I’ll give that a try. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.