Help for installing balena etcher

HELP to start balenaetcher.
I already downloaded them, now I want to start the program, I don’t know how, I’m new to manjaro.

1 Like

How did you do that?

Usually by its .desktop file or executable. Which should automatically populate in your menu and/or become functional in the terminal.

download it from its official website.

I think it started in the terminal with a command but I don’t know what it is.

Thats not how we handle software in linux.
Please lose this habit :wink:
The package exists in the official software repositories.

Please open up pamac or “Add/Remove Software” and select etcher and install.
Otherwise a command might be (including update):

sudo pacman -Syyu etcher

Also … please spend some time with the user guide and/or wiki. ex:
https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php/Main_Page#Software_Management

(also please note that if you took any other steps to manually ‘install’ etcher already … it would be best to try to ‘undo’ those steps)

6 Likes

I already ran the command, now?

How do I start the program to be able to use it?

If the package has been installed … it should be available in your regular desktop application menu.
If it does not appear … maybe try a restart?

(I just checked, and it certainly provides a desktop [launcher] file: /usr/share/applications/balena-etcher-electron.desktop which should automatically become available in your menu)

1 Like

Just a suggestion: Use a mintstick instead of Etcher if you don’t get along with dd. There are enough discussions about Balena Etcher, I don’t want to spread that around here.Mintstick (gtk) is just as easy to use and doesn’t have all that electron stuff. But this is just a food for thought :wink:

can you please for ventoy

folks … while we might suggest aternative software for whatever reason …

It seems OP has more an issue with installing and using software in general.
Maybe things should start there.

We havent had a response yet … so we will have to wait for an update.

4 Likes

Also noteworthy is that most manjaro editions already come with an application that can write bootable isos. For example, gnome edition comes with gnome-disks and popsicle, both of which are better than etcher.

1 Like

thats me

noted, not windows

target not found: etcher

can’t find through adding programs

found but stuck on preparing…

So I have a couple goals. learn more Linux and get my Pinephone working,

Where I’m at is windows 7 won’t run the jumpdrive so I’m on a pinebook pro, the jump drive works but
I don’t know my way around, I see wget is in my programs, can I gitclone Etcher and move on anyone?

How are they better?