Help for creating most recent Plasma Release for Odroid N2+

Hey there,

as a PC user i struggle to find a working image for my Odroid N2.
As far as i understand the methods to create an image i have to on Linux for this.

Would someone be so nice to prepare an Image for my Odroid N2 for me? On the officiall site i can find several images, but not for my N2 and the generic image won’t boot.

Thx in advance, much appreciated

Patrick

You can get an image for Odroid on Archlinux ARM

https://archlinuxarm.org/platforms/armv8/amlogic/odroid-n2

I know it’s not Manjaro but Manjaro builds on top of Archlinux ARM so same content - different name.

1 Like

Ok, i will try. Even if its not Manjaro… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

There are a few Manjaro-Arm Odroid N2 users, according to Manjaro-Arm Release 22.12 Odroid N2 is supported – Manjaro ARM 22.12 released!.

1 Like

Hi,

to build yourself a Manjaro arm image see below, you choose the wished packages, or delete the standard one, really sweet…

3 Likes

Yeah, i saw that, but as i have no Linux Machine running so far, i can’t build it myself.

Same as for JFL, as I don’t have a Linux Machine running, I can’t build it myself.

You don’t have to touch your running system.

I completely forgot this - thank you for reminding me.

Something like this in the live system

• list block devices
    • lsblk
  • insert or attach an sdcard using an adapter
  • list your devices once more - note the added device
  • sudo pacman -Syy
  • sudo pacman -S manjaro-arm-installer
  • sudo systemctl restart systemd-binfmt
  • sudo bash manjaro-arm-installer
  • select device
  • select target sdcard (be sure you choose the sdcard)
  • follow the prompts to setup your target system desktop/user/passwd/root
  • wait until done
  • reboot

I just build an image directly to an sdcard - but as the installer customizes the final image - the image would be of no use to you because you likely want another timezone, locale, keyboard, hostname, username, password etc.

==> on2 kde-plasma install complete
==> Writing bootloader and cleaning up after install...
  -> Set boot partition to 44c0af76-01 in /etc/fstab...
  -> Set root partition to 44c0af76-02 in the relevant boot script and /etc/fstab...
  -> If you get an error stating 'failed to preserve ownership ... Operation not permitted', it's expected, since the boot partition is FAT32 and does not support ownership permissions...
==> Time : 14.42 minutes...
1 Like

Images for the Odroid N2 and N2+ are no longer generated, because the Generic images work for it. As the N2 and N2+ comes with an SPI flash, you can flash tow-boot on it.

Thx for the explanation. WAs not aware of booting a live System and writing the image to the SD Card. Maybe i will try it.

Ok… something new to learn… tow-boot…
I assume its something like a Bootloader for the N2 Board?

For any other interested with the same problem… here is a “quick and dirty” Solution.
I took the former Image “Manjaro-ARM-kde-plasma-on2-21.02.img.xz” from HERE and updated to the newest Version.
Got some trouble with some Icon-Resource from Theme, but as i ignored this part from update the update could be done.

1 Like

It’s the firmware. Like u-boot and petit-boot that is currently on the SPI of the N2.

Petit-boot just doesn’t load the extlinux.conf file that the Generic images use. And I don’t think it loads the generic-efi images at all. That’s why we suggest using tow-boot instead.