HDMI not working on mux-switch laptop

Hi, I use Manjaro KDE on my laptop, and I use wayland because for whatever reason I cant get the mux switch to work on X11. My only problem is that my HDMI port doesn’t work, and the weird thing is that if I plug a DisplayPort adapter into my usb-c, that works fine. So my question is, has anyone else experienced this or know if it’s a problem with wayland being worked on, or does my laptop have a problem?

Please connect your monitor to the HDMI port and post output of

inxi -Fza

I had the same problem with an Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 2022 (GA402RJ). As far as I understood by running inxi -Fza the eGPU doesn’t support HDMI. When the laptop first boots, most of the time the systems detects that’s not under heavy load and therefore turns off the dGPU. If you connect an HDMI cable, with the dGPU turned off, it won’t work. Sometimes when the system enables the dGPU due to heavier load, the HDMI “magically” starts to work. I have two solutions to this problem:

1. Have the cable connected before boot.
  2. Enable “Dedicated (ultimate)” mode on asusctl. This basically tells the system to always use the dGPU. I’m sure there’s a way to do it without asusctl, I just don’t know how.

If anyone else stumbles here with the same issue, running inxi -Fza did turn on the monitor for me, not sure why.

I’m using a ROG G14 2022. I assume that the command probed the dGPU which forced it to wake up and output to HDMI - as I have hybrid mode enabled. I normally use an usb C adapter which generally works even with dGPU sleeping so try that was well if you have one.