Having a problem in installing codelite

Hello!

I’m new to the forums and to Manjaro and new linux user ,I’m trying to learn c++ but can’t install codelite i tried building the package with the “add/remove software” and with the terminal using the command pamac build codelite-bin both ways didn"t work and this is what i get in the terminal

Preparing...
Cloning codelite-bin build files...
Generating codelite-bin information...
Checking codelite-bin dependencies...
cp: cannot create regular file '/var/tmp/pamac/dbs/sync/community.db': Permission denied
Resolving dependencies...
Warning: cannot resolve "wxgtk2", a dependency of "codelite-bin"
Error: Failed to prepare transaction:
could not satisfy dependencies:
- unable to satisfy dependency 'wxgtk2' required by codelite-bin

Edit build files : [e] 
Apply transaction ? [e/y/N] y

Transaction cancelled.

codelite-bin (binary release) is out of date with incorrect dependencies. codelite (builds from source) is up to date with correct dependencies.

3 Likes

well i"m new manjaro and linux user i don"t think that i got what you saying but i think i have to uninstall wxgtk2 actually don"t know how to do that and then i have to do a update through the “add/remove software” and then try again with codelite-bin

so i checked the internet on how to unintall the wxgtk2 and found that i have to use this command in the terminal sudo pacman -Rcns wxgtk2 but i ended up getting “error: target not found: wxgtk2”

You don’t need to do it manually if the only thing that requires it is codelite-bin. Install codelite and press Enter to answer Y (default response) when prompted to replace codelite-bin:

pamac build codelite
1 Like

Still having the same problem

Not possible since codelite does not depend on wxgtk2.

What’s the full output of:

pamac build codelite
1 Like

You have repeatedly mentioned how new you are to Manjaro.

Beginning your journey by building custom package where dependencies recently has been removed from the repo - is not the best choice. It gives you the impression Manjaro is difficult or unstable - which it most certainly is not.

I invite you to read the following topics to educate yourself on some inner workings you are required to know about

1 Like

actually i build it yesterday and didn"t have any problem with it i could not access to the output but when i used the command it says its up to date

Preparing...
Cloning codelite build files...
Generating codelite information...
Checking codelite dependencies...
Warning: codelite-16.0.0-1 is up to date -- reinstalling
Resolving dependencies...
Checking inter-conflicts...

To build (1):
  codelite  16.0.0-1              AUR

Edit build files : [e] 
Apply transaction ? [e/y/N] 

Transaction cancelled.