Hang+reboot after capslock led blinking when using screen blank option in power settings gnome

Hello,

So I am having this issue that my laptop will hang en reboot after the screen blanks. The capslock led starts blinking about 2 times per second for 10-15 seconds. The laptop is not response and shuts down. When I disable ‘‘blank screen’’ in power options the laptop goes into suspend normally and wakes up with no issues.

It started happening yesterday when I replaced the secondary (sata) backup ssd for testing purposes with an other ssd and later a hdd. Coincidence?? Boot drive is a samsung nvme ssd. After troubleshooting I’ve manages to pin the problem down to the ‘‘blank screen’’ option under power settings. Strangely enough this has always worked and I did not perform any systems software updates. So It can’t be a intel gpu driver update issue.

I also removed all drives, did a bios reset, run on ac power with battery unplugged, run on battery only and an hour ago performed a system software update. Sometimes I get the impression that an error is displayed during startup or reboot but it happens so fast that I can’t tell what it was. So my question is if someone has the same problem and how to look for it in the logs?

Thank you.

Update:

Live enviroment works fine with screen blank option enabled. So no hardware problem right?

Update 2:

It also happens with ‘‘screen blank’’ option disabled. However not as soon when having that option enabled.

Anybody? :slight_smile: