GUI partially loads

Briefly, I installed the most recent big batch of updates, but the system restarted during the final batch of post-transaction hooks. It boots fine and loads my desktop background and curser, but the rest of the GUI fails to load. I can access the tty2 from the stalled desktop.

I’ve tried:

  • running updates again from the command line, but everything is up to date
  • Running standard Manjaro system maintenance, but there’s no change
  • Uninstalling and reinstalling pci video drivers

When running startx, I get the following error:

Failed to connect to user scope bus via local transport: No medium found
abus-update-activation environment: error: unable to connect to D-Bus: Using X11 for dbus-daemon autolaunch was disabled at compile time, set your DUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS instead DUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS=’ unix:path=/tmp/dbus-HYo5Eo5iAm,guid=96a421fa64a364e52933267c674e1f₫6’:
export DUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS:
DBUS_SESSION_BUS_PID=2130: xinit: comection to X server lost

I’m at a total loss and would really appreciate any help you can give. Thank you!

Are you using Wayland & Nvidia drivers?

Can you see if It happens the same as me?

Just checked on mine, right clicking does not bring up a context menu, however the curser did flicker as if one should have appeared.

Clear cache, sync/upgrade+reinstall all local native packages, rebuild initramfs and update-grub.

sudo pacman -Scc
sudo pacman -Syu $(pacman -Qnq)
sudo mkinitcpio -P
sudo update-grub

May or may not cover the bases.

If you encounter some specific errors then please report them.

To see if it is the problem of the ghost screen, try pressing Ctrl+Alt+F6, login, run inxi -Gxx or kscreen-doctor -o and see if appears listed a second monitor.

This worked great! Thank you for your help!