Gst-rtsp-server 1.18.1 requires gst-plugins-bad and gst-plugins-base 1.18.1, but I can only see 1.18.0

I want to install gnome-network-displays which requires gst-rtsp-server>=1.18.1, which itself requires gst-plugins-bad>=1.18.1 and gst-plugins-base>=1.18.1. My problem is that I do not see the 1.18.1 version of gst-plugins, I can only see the 1.18.1 version of gst-rtsp-server.

This is what I am getting when I try to install gnome-network-displays:

Failed to prepare transaction:
could not satisfy dependencies:
- unable to satisfy dependency 'gst-plugins-bad>=1.18.1' required by gst-rtsp-server
- unable to satisfy dependency 'gst-plugins-base>=1.18.1' required by gst-rtsp-server
Resolving dependencies...
Warning: cannot resolve "gst-plugins-bad>=1.18.1", a dependency of "gst-rtsp-server"
Warning: cannot resolve "gst-plugins-base>=1.18.1", a dependency of "gst-rtsp-server"
Failed to prepare transaction:
could not satisfy dependencies:
- unable to satisfy dependency 'gst-plugins-bad>=1.18.1' required by gst-rtsp-server
- unable to satisfy dependency 'gst-plugins-base>=1.18.1' required by gst-rtsp-server
Transaction cancelled.

AUR packeges are made with Arch in mind, so it follows the Arch versions.

You are using stable branch, which is often behind in versions.

If you switch to unstable branch you will be close to Arch package version wise.

Now it makes sense, but would you recommend me to move to the unstable branch? I am not sure if I can call myself a newbie anymore, but I am not used to Arch’s unstable nature yet, I even had manjaro break after some updates, and that’s when I found that timeshift exists. Also, the fact that I use proprietary nvidia drivers doesnt help me, like a lot of people I had problems with the new kernel while using the nvidia driver. But I love manjaro, I had my taste of AUR and I am here like “hmmm there are some cool and stable distros based on ubuntu like PopOS, but ■■■■ it, I want AUR and KDE”.

No. I would not recommend it, unless you want to test out stuff.

The question is, what do you need gnome-network-displays for?

I got used to streaming movies from my laptop to my TV through miracast since I was using windows and now I want the same capability on linux, I wanted to see it that package would do it.

Edit: Also, I guess I will wait for the dependencies to get out of testing then, thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.